Alastar the White Lion is a High Elves unique lord unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer II.
Alastar is not a legendary lord, but rather a unique lord recruitable by playable High Elves factions in campaign. He costs 30 influence to recruit.
Alastar was designed by someone named Alistair, as part of a project by the Make A Wish charity. Make a Wish "grants wishes" for seriously ill people (especially children) who could die. A CA representative said in 2018 that as far as they knew, Alistair was getting better and recovering from their illness.
The White Lions have served as the personal guard of the Phoenix King since the time of Caledor the First. White Lion regiments are often dispatched to join the armies of Ulthuan during times of particular danger, tasked with protecting High Elf generals and mages, or bolstering the overall strength of the army. White Lions are renowned for their unflinching courage in the face of overwhelming odds and terrible horrors, protecting their charge whatever the foe and regardless of the danger to themselves.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Lion Cloak: White Lion fur is not merely a fashionable status symbol, it also provides protection against regular and magical missile attacks.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- Lion's Pelt - A magical armour that provides a ward save
Click here to add a strategy!
Alastar is a strong secondary lord to get when you want to raise a second army. His unique item gives him a small leg up on other Lords. For Teclis, he can be a nice boon as a strong melee lord, given that Teclis is a spellcaster primarily. Under the ai he has a tendency to recruit a number of White Lions, so armored infantry be warned.