Archaon the Everchosen
Archaon the Everchosen
By Khorne, by Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh, let the world come crashing down!
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favored Son of Chaos. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall.||„|
|~ Archaon the Everchosen|
Archaon is the Lord of the End Times, the vessel through which the Dark Gods will unite their followers and turn the whole world into a Realm of Chaos. He is an individual whom all the Chaos Gods have bestowed their gifts upon. Of all the Everchosen of Chaos who have assailed the world over the ages, Archaon is the most ruthless and powerful. At the heart of Archaon's army is his old warband, the Swords of Chaos, the most dread group of Chaos Knights ever to have blighted the world. The Everchosen often rides to war leading this cadre of veterans from atop the daemonic beast known as Dorghar, the Steed of the Apocalypse.
Strengths & Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Campaign effects[edit | edit source]
When chosen as starting lord, as of TWW2:
- Additional Starting Units
- Faction effects
- Lord effects
- Ward Save (even better than physical resistance) +5% for all units in lords army
- Income from razing settlements +50%
Spells[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Archaon has the following items:
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Archaon has the following mounts:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the early days of Total War: Warhammer, Archaon was considered an underwhelming commander compared to Sigvald and Kholek, leading to fans jokingly refer to him as "Archaon the Neverchosen".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Easy Start, hard finish: Simple Chaos Strategy and lord guide of Archeon[edit | edit source]
Personally I haven't played a Chaos-based campaign in a while now but a simple template is to work all across the Norscan region until two armies (at the minimum) are at play with one holding at least tier 3 infantry. While not the strongest at first at this point in time, chaos warriors can crush any other infantry during the mid-game, no problem. When playing on difficulties higher than hard one should never travel to the old world without a tier 5 hoard building, and a decently leveled legendary lord (unless that individual is confident with winnings battles that should be losses for some 20 turns). When it comes to army comps late-game I personally build stacks of chosen, knights(sword-based), hell cannons(needed against empire and dwarfs), and a few shoggoths if I think they're needed. Inside Archon's army, chosen become the strongest infantry in the game with a single chosen with great weapons able to win against most low-level lords easily due to their incredible stats. Now I can't understate this enough but chevron 9 chosen with great weapons, and the right skills/traits in the lord(Archeon) can result in over 70 melee attacks, over 70 melee defense, over 140 armor, and some high 50 armor pricing weapon strength. A single chosen in this state can single-handedly solo like 7 swordsman(haven't tried it but it probably works).