Arkhan the Black
|“||Nagash, your servant calls !||„|
Arkhan the Black
Overview[edit | edit source]
Arkhan the Black is a Tomb Kings legendary lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer II with the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC. Arkhan is the vizier of Nagash, a powerful necromancer and war-leader hated by the other Tomb Kings. According to him, Nagash must rise, or the realms of silence will fall.
In the campaign, he leads the Followers of Nagash faction.
He is a spellcaster, but also capable in melee.
Description[edit | edit source]
Arkhan the Black, known now and forever as the Liche King, was the first and most loyal of the evil Nagash's followers. He helped lead the coup which brought the arch-necromancer to power, and he was the first, after his Lord, to imbibe the Elixir of Life. Arkhan was the most adept of Nagash's pupils in the study of dark sorcery, and he quickly rose to become the necromancer's trusted vizier and principal lieutenant. He led many armies against Nagash's enemies and was never defeated in open combat.
In the end, however, the sheer numbers of the Priest Kings' soldiers forced Nagash to retreat. It was Arkhan who led the suicidal counter-attack that gave Nagash the opportunity to escape. For over an hour he held back the Army of the Seven Kings through feats of martial prowess and powerful sorcery. Arkhan finally fell, not to a hero's sword, but to a single spear hurled by an unknown soldier. He stared in horror at the shaft protruding from his chest, knowing that it had pierced his heart. With his dying breath, he threatened that a terrible curse would befall any who touched his corpse, and with that, he slumped to the ground. Within seconds, dark flames had consumed Arkhan's flesh leaving behind only a blackened skeleton.
Whilst the rest of Nagash's followers were beheaded and burnt, none dared risk desecrating Arkhan's remains, and so they covered them under a cairn of stones instead. Nagash did not forget his most able lieutenant, and when he returned to wreak vengeance on Nehekhara, Arkhan was reborn as the Liche King - the first of Nagash's nine Dark Lords. These foul beings were the foremost of Nagash's captains, and they brought despair and destruction to his foes.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Lord Effects[edit | edit source]
- Melee attack +5 for embedded heroes (Lord's army)
- Melee defence +5 for embedded heroes (Lord's army)
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- The Tomb Blade of Arkhan
- Staff of Nagash (the requirements for this item differ depending on the campaign, see the item page for details)
Spells[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Arkhan enjoys bonus diplomatic relations with Vampire Counts factions, and his regions never suffer public order penalties from Vampiric corruption. Heroes embedded in his army gain melee attack and melee defence bonuses, and all his armies factionwide gain a boost to their Winds of Magic Power Reserve.