Azhag the Slaughterer is a Greenskins melee infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer. Nobody knows what the crown is or where it is from, but through it Azhag gains clairvoyance and power.
Azhag is a threat like no other. What makes Azhag so unusual is his ominous iron crown, which emanates pure, ancient evil. It is this crown, a relic of olden days, which grants Azhag sorcerous powers and a sinister council beyond the comprehension of any Greenskin. This evil combination of Orcish brute-strength and a brilliant, if completely malevolent, ability to grasp far-seeing strategy makes for a deadly combination.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- Diplomatic relations: +20 with Undead
- Research rate: +20%
- Income from sacking settlements: +25%
- -1 Construction time (settlements)
- -25% Construction cost (settlements)
- +75% aura size
Azhag is notable for being able to cast spells from the Lore of Death, something that the Greenskins do not have access to otherwise. Given the powerful spells in this lore, such as Spirit Leech and Fate of Bjuna, it gives the Greenskins a way to aggressively lord snipe and damage high value units like Blood Knights or Har Ganeth Executioners. Azhag is also the only Greenskin Legendary Lord with a flying mount, affording him extra mobility compared to other options (Warbosses also have access to a Wyvern mount, but lack Azhag's spellcasting).