Feral Bastiladon is a Lizardmen melee infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer II. This "Living Bastion" has few predators save the terrain it must traverse, making it the ideal conveyor for the Ark of Sotek itself.
Known to the Skinks as the Bastiladon, this hulking quadruped is perhaps the most heavily-armoured beast in Lustria. It is a walking fortress, a living bastion covered in rock-hard bony skin, and then further protected by massive iron-like plates - a natural armour so dense that it can, sometimes, thwart the bite of the mighty Carnosaur. Even those blows that crack the outermost armour plates cannot penetrate deeply into the beast due to the Bastiladon's alternating layers of thick leathery skin and additional scales. Their incredibly thick and armoured hides allow them to carry devices which other beasts, even the revered Stegadon, steadfastly refuse. These revered and holy objects are mounted upon the great beast's back so that they might be activated to smite any who dare set foot in sacred Lustria.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- ↑ Causes Terror: This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.
Click here to add a strategy!
The Ark of Sotek is one of the cheaper additions to the bastiladon. It gives it the ability to release poisonous snakes around the unit. These snakes do minimal damage, but ensure all enemies are inflicted with poison, hampering their melee stats (the poison from this ability does not affect friendly units)
- In the Potion of Speed Update: Bastiladon (Ark of Sotek): +1 base damage on Ark of Sotek ability (+33% damage increase)