- Not to be confused with Black Ark (building).
Overview[edit | edit source]
The exception to this is the The Blessed Dread which gets a Black Ark for every coastal/port settlement they control.
Black Arks work similar to hordes, in that they can construct buildings like a settlement, but can also recruit units and move around the map, like an army. They can also exchange units with any army which has embarked upon the water. Obviously though, Black Arks are restricted to the ocean/waterways. Black Arks have their own Black Ark growth which buildings require to upgrade.
Black Arks can attack and be attacked by embarked armies, which takes place on a unique battle map
Unlike hordes, Black Arks do not have to enter encamped stance to recruit units.
Like armies and hordes, Black Arks can treasure hunt in the ocean.
Unlike armies, Black Arks cannot colonize a ruined coastal/port settlement.
Stances[edit | edit source]
- Dread Expansion: Expand the area from which they can support friendly armies.
- Full Speed: Increase campaign movement.
Army Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Khaine's Lash - available at base
- Sky Cauldron - available at base
- Soul Rain - available at base
- Bolt of Spite - only available with Gargantuan Black Ark
Black Ark Buildings[edit | edit source]
Main Black Ark buildings[edit | edit source]
Unit recruitment[edit | edit source]
- Shrine of Khaine (Black Ark)
- Sorceress Cabin
- Corsair Cabins
- Harpy Cages
- Warrior Hall
Defense[edit | edit source]
- Sacrificial Pit of Khaine
- Brazen Cauldron (building)
- Soul Brazier
Other[edit | edit source]
- Fighting Pits (Black Ark)
- Slave Hold
- Torture Posts (Black Ark)
Strategy[edit | edit source]