- Not to be confused with Black Ark (building).
The exception to this is the The Blessed Dread which gets a Black Ark for every coastal/port settlement they control.
Black Arks work similar to hordes, in that they can construct buildings like a settlement, but can also recruit units and move around the map, like an army. They can also exchange units with any army which has embarked upon the water. Obviously though, Black Arks are restricted to the ocean/waterways. Black Arks have their own Black Ark growth which buildings require to upgrade.
Black Arks can attack and be attacked by embarked armies, which takes place on a unique battle map
Unlike hordes, Black Arks do not have to enter encamped stance to recruit units.
Like armies and hordes, Black Arks can treasure hunt in the ocean.
- Dread Expansion: Expand the area from which they can support friendly armies.
- Full Speed: Increase campaign movement.
- Khaine's Lash - available at base
- Sky Cauldron - available at base
- Soul Rain - available at base
- Bolt of Spite - only available with Gargantuan Black Ark
Black Ark Buildings
Main Black Ark buildings
- Shrine of Khaine (Black Ark)
- Sorceress Cabin
- Corsair Cabins
- Harpy Cages
- Warrior Hall
- Sacrificial Pit of Khaine
- Brazen Cauldron (building)
- Soul Brazier
- Fighting Pits (Black Ark)
- Slave Hold
- Torture Posts (Black Ark)