- For the mount, see Black Dragon (mount).
Black Dragon is a Dark Elves melee infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer II. Poison, horns, claws and teeth; a myriad ways to destroy the foe.
Dragons once ruled the skies of the world. Now, their race is but a shadow of its former power and majesty. When the Old Ones arrived, the greatest Dragons found the world too warm for their liking and hid from the bright sun, while more still stole into caverns and the ocean deeps with the coming of Chaos. A Black Dragon is capable of slaughtering entire armies with its claws, horns and fangs. With expulsions of noxious gas from its maw, it can wither the lungs of its victims and desiccate their flesh. The thick hide of a Black Dragon protects it from even the weightiest blows. Perhaps the greatest weapon of all is the overwhelming Wyrm-dread that fills the enemy upon sighting such a bloodthirsty and destructive monster.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Noxious Breath: Some Dragons breathe noxious fumes that have a long-lasting effect on their target's coordination - if it survived the attack in the first place.
- ↑ Scaly Skin: Scaly skin or hides help to dampen or deflect the damage caused by missile weapons, increasing this unit's Missile Resistance.
Click here to add a strategy!