Books of Nagash
|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information regarding this issue may or may not be found on the talk page.
In Warhammer Fantasy lore, Nagash was a powerful necromancer who brought about the downfall of the Tomb Kings' human civilization - he kept his vast knowledge of dark magic in 9 books.
Four new Rogue Armies are spawned at the beginning of the game if you are playing as any of the Tomb Kings, with each of them possessing a Book of Nagash. They are extremely powerful, but fortunately do not start out at war with you. They are the Black Creek Raiders, the Dwellers of Zardok, the Eyes of the Jungle, and the Pilgrims of Myrmidia. You only have to defeat them in a battle to obtain the book, you do not have to completely destroy them.
Four other books are assigned to specific settlements, and you must personally occupy that settlement to obtain the book (allied factions occupying it do not count).
The final book is always held by the Followers of Nagash, so they only need to collect four more books instead of five like the other factions. This book cannot ever be obtained by other factions, and always confers the bonus of being able to use Vampire Count units.
Each book gives a different bonus, and which location or Rogue Army has them is randomized each new campaign. Once you obtain a book, you cannot lose it. The status, bonuses, and location of all books can be checked by clicking the book icon at the top of the screen.
In Eye of the Vortex[edit | edit source]
In Eye of the Vortex, instead of competing with Rituals to win, the Tomb Kings are required to collect books, which allows them to control the Black Pyramid of Nagash and win the campaign. 5 books out of 9 must be collected to win. Tomb Kings cannot lose the Eye of the Vortex campaign through another race gaining control of the Vortex.
In other campaigns[edit | edit source]
In other campaigns, the books are not required to win, but can still be collected to gain bonuses.
List of book locations and challenges[edit | edit source]
- Hero capacity +1 for all Heroes
- Hero action cost -50%
- Hero action success chance +10%
- Campaign line of sight over regions with golden idols, marble, and gemstones resources
- Income from trade +20%
- Regions will be hit by a Sandstorm after sacking or occupying settlements
- Immune to Sandstorm attrition
- Casualty Replenishment rate +15% after sacking or occupying settlements
- Canopic Jars generated: 250
- Lord recruit rank +3
- Wound recovery time -1 (all characters)
- Canopic jars generated: 10 per turn
- Research rate +10%
- Effectiveness of all commandments +50%
- Ninth Book of Nagash
- This book is always held by Arkhan the Black who leads the Followers of Nagash faction. If players start a campaign as Followers of Nagash then they will start with this book, and only have to get 4 more to win.It allows Arkhan the black to recruit certain vampire counts units.
List of possible bonuses[edit | edit source]