Chevaliers de Lyonesse
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Total War: WARHAMMER Wiki by .|
Chevaliers de Lyonesse
Overview[edit | edit source]
To be able to play this faction you have to download it from Steam. You can find the link here.
Please see the main Bretonnia article for detailed info about mechanics, items etc.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Bretonnia gameplay:
- Units: Strong knight cavalry, backed up by cheap peasant infantry. Plenty of flying units.
- Regiments of Renown: These are unique, more elite versions of regular Bretonnia units.
- Chivalry: Noble actions provide faction-wide bonuses, while acting unchivalrously incurs penalties.
- The Green Knight: A unique hero unit that becomes available to summon after reaching certain thresholds of chivalry.
- Peasant Economy: Peasants both work the land, and also fight in armies. Recruiting too many peasant units hampers your economy.
- Lance Formation: This special formation, unique to Bretonnia, allows their cavalry to pierce through enemy lines.
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||"Repanse de Lyonesse, or the ‘Damoiselle de Guerre’ as she is known throughout Bretonnia, is a revered knight of the Chevaliers de Lyonesse. Armed with the mighty Sword of Lyonesse and fighting beside her trusty paladin companion, Henri Le Massif, she embodies the unrelenting crusading spirit of her brethren."||„|
She commanded an elite Bretonnian army known as the Chevaliers de Lyonesse.
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Lord choices[edit | edit source]
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Control +3
- -50% Upkeep for all Heroes
- Melee defence +8 for Questing Knights
- -80 diplomatic relations with Vampire Counts, Vampire Coast, and Tomb Kings
- Repanse starts with a legendary Paladin: Henri le Massif
Lord effects[edit | edit source]
Additional starting units[edit | edit source]
Start position[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Mortal Empires
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Starting agreements[edit | edit source]
- War with Strygos Empire
- -80 with Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The goal of the Chevalier's is clear: destroy all Undead. Fortunately they are surrounded by them and fellow Bretonnians. Repanse is able to confederate the nearby Bretonnian factions after attacking nearby Undead factions. After destroying your initial threats, you should focus on consolidating the northern part of the Southlands. Wipe out Arkhan confederate Bretonnians, (recommend making friends with Greybeard's Prospectors, but it can go either way). Take down Snikch and Tiktaq'to if they become problematic, but Settra and the rest of the Tomb Kings are your mid game goal. After that the world is your oyster.
In terms of play style, Questing Knights gain a solid boost to their melee stats under this faction, public order is slightly easier to manage, Heroes are less expensive, and all Undead hate you. Notably, Henri is an absolute beast and can tear apart most units when fully leveld. He offers a significant anti-large that teams up nicely with Repanse herself.