How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Skaven gameplay:
- Units: Masses of cheap expendable units, backed up by horrifying monsters, and devastating war machines. No cavalry or flying units.
- Skaven Under-Empire: Skaven settlements appear as ruins to other factions, until discovered. Additionally, Skaven can establish secret Under-Cities beneath enemy settlements.
- Food: Food is a special resource that Skaven must manage alongside money. It can increase usage of army abilities or help upgrade settlements.
- The Menace Below: In campaign battles, Skaven have a unique army ability called The Menace Below which summons Clanrats. Spending food increases the amount of times this can be used.
- Skaven Corruption: In campaign, Skaven must manage Skaven Corruption which both benefits and harms them.
- Loyalty: Lords have different loyalty levels, which can cause them to take their army and rebel against you.
- Stances: Stalking replaces default stance and gives a chance to ambush. Skaven also have access to the Underway, like Dwarfs and Greenskins.
- Rites: Skaven have access to various rites which grant bonuses in campaign.
Background[edit | edit source]
Clan Rictus is a clan of Skaven who inhabit Crookback Mountain, which lies on the eastern edge of the World's Edge Mountains, or western edge of the Dark Lands. The Clan's leader is Kratch Doomclaw, who sits upon the Council of Thirteen. Tretch Craventail is Kratch's right-hand rat. In Total War: Warhammer II Tretch starts in Naggaroth, far away from Crookback Mountain.
In battle[edit | edit source]
Clan Rictus play like a regular Skaven faction. See that page for details.
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Clan Rictus largely play like a regular Skaven faction. See that page for details.
Legendary Lord choices[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences for Clan Rictus:
- Habitable: Temperate, Wasteland, Frozen, Savannah, Mountain, Desert
- Unpleasant: Jungle
- Uninhabitable: Magical Forest, Chaotic Wasteland, Ocean, Island
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Habitable climate: Frozen
- Unpleasant climate: Jungle
- Public order +4 when a diplomatic treaty is broken
- Melee attack +13 during ambush battles (Tretch's army)
- Melee attack +13 after retreating when attacked (Tretch's army)
Please see Tretch's page for his lord effects.
Start locations[edit | edit source]
- Hotek's Column in The Clawed Coast
Victory conditions[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Short campaign
- Long campaign
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Unlike other playable Skaven factions, Clan Rictus will be mainly dealing with the Dark Elves.
They also have different climate preference, forcing them to remain in the continent of Naggaroth. Therefore, it is not recommended to confederate other Skaven factions, which are mostly located down south in Lustria or Southland.