- Clan Skryre require The Prophet and the Warlock paid DLC to play as.
Development history[edit | edit source]
Previously, they were a minor non-playable faction.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Clan Skryre gameplay:
- Units: Masses of cheap expendable units, backed up horrifying monsters, and devastating war machines. No cavalry or flying units.
- Skaven Under-Empire: Skaven settlements appear as ruins to other factions, until discovered. Additionally, Skaven can establish secret Under-Cities beneath enemy settlements.
- Food: Food is a special resource that Skaven must manage alongside money. It can increase usage of army abilities or help upgrade settlements.
- The Menace Below: In campaign battles, Skaven have a unique army ability called The Menace Below which summons Clanrats. Spending food increases the amount of times this can be used.
- Skaven Corruption: In campaign, Skaven must manage Skaven Corruption which both benefits and harms them.
- Loyalty: Lords have different loyalty levels, which can cause them to take their army and rebel against you.
- Stances: Stalking replaces default stance and gives a chance to ambush. Skaven also have access to the Underway, like Dwarfs and Greenskins.
- Rites: Skaven have access to various rites which grant bonuses in campaign.
- Forbidden Workshop: ???
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||"Yes-yes. The essence of the warpstone feeds my machine. To create, one must-must destroy! To destroy, one must-must create! This will-will be great-best invention! Make-force all skaven bow-grovel! Destroy-kill all-all enemies!"||„|
Clan Skryre are the inventors and industrialists of the Skaven Under-Empire. From their headquarters in Skavenblight, they create foul machines which combine magic and science to destroy the enemies of the Skaven. Doom-Flayers, Doomwheels, Doomrockets, Warplock Jezzails, Warpfire Throwers, Warp Lightning Cannons and Ratling Guns are all inventions of Clan Skryre, as is the poison gas used by Poison Wind Bombadiers. Clan Skryre are also one of the richest and most influential clans - they make a fortune hiring their war machines to other clans, and their leader Lord Morskittar, known as the Emperor of Warlocks, has a seat on the Council of Thirteen. Ikit Claw himself is not the overall clan leader, but an important high-ranking Warlock Engineer. The inventions of Clan Skryre rival and in some cases surpass those of the Engineers of the Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs.
In battle[edit | edit source]
Clan Skryre play like a regular Skaven faction with the following exceptions:
Doomrockets[edit | edit source]
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Legendary Lord choices[edit | edit source]
- Ikit Claw - a powerful spellcaster and able to ride war machines as mounts.
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Access to the Forbidden Workshop
- Research rate +20%
- Loyalty +2 for new recruited characters
- Construction cost -40% for Engineering branch Skaven buildings
Forbidden Workshop[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences for Clan Skryre:
- Habitable: Savannah, Jungle, Desert, Temperate, Mountain, Wasteland
- Unpleasant: Chaotic Wasteland, Frozen
- Uninhabitable: Temperate Island, Magical Forest, Ocean
Start locations[edit | edit source]
- Volcanic Islands (Star Tower only)
Victory conditions[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Short campaign
- Maintain at least 50% of the following corruption in the specified province(s): Skaven Corruption
- Yn Edri Eternos
- Long campaign
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Starting agreements[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]