Council Guard (Stormvermin-Halberds)
Description[edit | edit source]
Albino Stormvermin, also known as the Albino Guard and the Council Guard, are perhaps the deadliest Skaven warriors, serving as hulking, elite bodyguards for the Council of Thirteen.
The Albino Stormvermin are one of the greatest and most disciplined military force within the Under-Empire, taken from birth due to their albino coloration and trained by the Council of Thirteen to be near incorruptible and loyal bodyguards and warriors. These warriors are some of the best the Council has to offer, and serve as a symbol of power and prestige to those that have them as their bodyguards, for it would mean that the Skaven holds sway to the Council's favour. These warriors are as large as any Warlord, but possess a near alien level of obedience and loyalty to those they protect. One of their most known characteristics is that they are mute, perhaps as a way to ensure that should one of their numbers defect, they will not be able to compromise Council secrets.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against Large Foes: When standing and bracing against a charge of large enemies (such as cavalry or monsters) this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
- ↑ Unbreakable: This unit does not suffer any form of leadership loss and will never rout.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Skaven as a faction struggle with low leadership units, especially in their infantry. The Council Guard are the perfect answer to this, they are unbreakable, armoured, anti-large, armour piercing, and provide guardian protection to nearby Characters. They allow a Skaven player to have a bastion of infantry to fall back on should they need to. They are a costly investment and lack shields to block armour piercing missiles. They should be kept in reserve and deployed to combat selectively.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- These Stormvermin make no noises when selected, to reflect their mute state.
- They also stand straighter and have more regimented lines than standard Stormvermin to reflect their discipline.