|“||The Death Night is upon us, but will no longer be contained within the walls of Har Ganeth. The whole world is full of mewling victims awaiting the attention of the Blood Queen. Hellebron will go forth and demand submission. She will bathe in the blood of Elf, Lizardmen, Skaven, Dwarf, and man. Khaine has spoken and he demands slaughter. To war!||„|
Crone Hellebron is a Dark Elves melee legendary lord unit introduced in The Queen and the Crone. In campaign, she leads the Har Ganeth faction. She is a powerful but fragile melee fighter and army buffer.
- Playing Crone Hellebron requires the The Queen and the Crone DLC.
Description[edit | edit source]
Greatest of all the Brides of Khaine, the many ways of murder are Hellebron's to command. Crone Hellebron is the Hag-Queen, the Blood-Queen of Har Ganeth. She is also a most prominent member of the murderous Cult of Khaine, elven god of war and killing. Hellebron is ancient, even by elven standards, but has been denied the secret of eternal youth by Morathi. Therefore she must sacrifice ever increasing amounts of slaves to maintain her youth for an ever shorter time. For this reason there is a deep hatred between Morathi and Hellebron.
Crone Hellebron is the most ancient of the Hag Queens and second only to Morathi in Khaine's sight. However, while the youth and beauty of Morathi never fades, Hellebron's is now almost expended, for the Hag Sorceress deliberately withheld from her the deepest secrets needed to use the Cauldrons of Blood. Therefore, ever more sacrifices are needed to fill Hellebron's cauldron each year, and yet the rejuvenating effects last for a smaller length of time on each occasion.
Ugly and worn as she may be, Hellebron remains the greatest of the Brides of Khaine. Her mastery of the many ways of murder eclipses even that of Morathi - who is often too distracted by her sorcerous pursuits - and far outstrips the skills of the other Hag Queens. It is she who leads the Lord of Murder's unholy rites and dictates the holy creed that all Witch Elves must follow. She is so steeped in the ways of death that her merest touch can kill, and a single whispered word from her withered lips can open up old wounds to bloody life. Wherever Hellebron treads, the gaze of Khaine follows.
Talent Tree[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Dodge: This highly dexterous unit dodges blades and missiles with ease; its luck is known to run out quickly when facing magical weapons, however.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Legendary Items[edit | edit source]
Notable skills[edit | edit source]
- Blood Queen - regeneration
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Traits[edit | edit source]
Greatest Bride of Khaine
Additional starting units[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Mortal Empires
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Crone is an effective melee combatant that is essentially a buffed up Death Hag. She excels at dealing damage, making allies stronger, and enemies weaker. She is also able to get a Cauldron of Blood mount as well as a manticore, which allows her to fly and cause fear/terror. She has high armour piercing damage and an innate bonus vs. infantry which allows her to shred most infantry with ease.