- Crooked Moon requires The King and the Warlord to play.
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||The Peaks belong to me. I dare yoo to try and take ‘em from me, stunty.”||„|
Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Old World. Collectively known as Greenskins, they are an aggressive and brutal race with an unquenchable love of war. Orcs are built for violence – brutal, bullying creatures of jutting jaws and hulking appearance. The Goblins, by contrast, are smaller but more cunning as they mob-up in greater numbers.
Although many Greenskin tribes reside in the Badlands to the south, since the calamitous defeat of the Dwarfs in the wake of the Time of Woes, Orcs and Goblins have developed a taste for the “fine livin’” to be found within the Dwarfholds – specifically the abundance of “shiny fings” piled high in the halls beneath.
Now, the sneakiest Night Goblin, Skarsnik, self-styled ‘Warlord of the Eight Peaks’, hunts his prized Squigs in the Grey Mountains. Once he learns that mutinous gits from within his own tribe have betrayed him and taken the Eight Peaks for themselves there will most certainly be trouble of the psychotically-violent kind; Skarsnik’s Waaagh! is truly something to behold, or avoid if you’re on the opposing side! This is what Gork and Mork – da Green Godz – demand of their servants, and only total victory will satisfy their bloodlust!
In battle[edit | edit source]
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Plays largely the same as the regular Greenskins faction, with the following exceptions:
Lord Choices[edit | edit source]
- Skarsnik – a decent leader, backed up by his pet squig Gobbla.
Karak Eight Peaks[edit | edit source]
- "Recapturing Karak Eight Peaks will be no easy task, that much is certain. Another certainty is that all those joining this undertaking will require great compensation."
Karak Eight Peaks is a unique settlement which affects Crooked Moon in the campaign. This does not affect other Greenskins factions.
|Karak Eight Peaks (Crooked Moon)|
|You do not control Karak Eight Peaks||Obedience -2 (all provinces)|
Cannot recruit Orc units (see below for details)
|You control Karak Eight Peaks||No effect|
Orc Recruitment[edit | edit source]
As per Skarsnik's lord effects, the following Orc units can only be recruited from Karak Eight Peaks itself:
- Orc Warboss, Orc Shaman, Orc Boyz, Orc Big 'Uns, Orc Arrer Boyz, Orc Boar Boyz, Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns, Black Orcs, Orc Boar Chariot
To counteract this, Skarsnik has -40% upkeep on Goblin units:
- Night Goblin Warboss, Goblin Great Shaman, Goblin Big Boss, Night Goblin Warboss, Night Goblin Shaman, Goblins, Goblin Archers, Nasty Skulkers, Night Goblins, Night Goblins (Fanatics),
- Night Goblin Archers, Night Goblin Archers (Fanatics), Goblin Wolf Riders, Goblin Wolf Rider Archers, Forest Goblin Spider Riders, Forest Goblin Spider Rider Archers, Night Goblin Squig Hoppers,
- Goblin Wolf Chariot, Goblin Rock Lobber, Doom Diver Catapult
Savage Orc units can still be recruited regardless of the status of Karak Eight Peaks, though as usual you need to do so from a settlement with the Savage Orcs resource.
- Savage Orcs (Unit), Savage Orc Arrer Boyz, Savage Orc Big 'Uns, Savage Orc Boar Boyz, Savage Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns
Start Position[edit | edit source]
Starts in Southern Grey Mountains.
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
Short campaign victory additions:
- Take back control of one of your most prized possessions:
- Destroy the following faction(s):
- Earn 7,500 gold from raiding (down from 10,000)
Long campaign victory additions: