Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Cult of Sotek
Cult of Sotek
- Cult of Sotek require The Prophet and the Warlock paid DLC to play.
Cult of Sotek is a playable Lizardmen subfaction led by Tehenhauin. They were introduced in the Doomsayers Update for Total War: Warhammer II. Please see the main Lizardmen page for full details on faction mechanics etc.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Lizardmen (specifically Cult of Sotek) gameplay:
- Units: In battle, Lizardmen have strong melee units, powerful magic users, and many monsters. However, their ranged units are just average.
- Blessed Spawnings: These are elite Lizardmen units in limited supply, similar to Regiments of Renown.
- Rampage: Overall, Lizardmen have good leadership. However, many of their units can potentially rampage and go out of control in battle.
- Rites: Lizardmen can perform several rites in campaign to bolster themselves or recruit Slann Mage-Priests.
- Astromancy Stance: A unique army stance which increases map vision and ambush chance.
- Geomantic Web: Lizardmen settlements are linked by the magical Geomantic Web which makes their commandments more powerful.
- Prophecy of Sotek: Use Sacrificial Offerings to fulfil the Prophecy and gain bonuses. Extra upkeep for Saurus units until stage 2.
- Lord Kroak: Lizardmen factions can embark on a quest to recruit the unique hero Lord Kroak.
In battle[edit | edit source]
Cult of Sotek play similarly to other Lizardmen factions.
In the campaign[edit | edit source]
Prophecy of Sotek[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Prophecy of Sotek
Tehenhauin believes that with sufficient sacrifices, the serpent-god may yet return, bringing salvation to the Lizardmen and the extermination of the Skaven. Tehenauin will be issued with a series of unique missions, the completion of which grants access to new forms of sacrifice. When performed, these reward Tehenauin with unique banners, followers, powerful temporary effects, Regiments of Renown and more.
As Tehenauin and his forces win battles against non-Lizardmen armies, they may choose to mark any post-battle captives as Sacrificial Offerings. As the offerings build, they may be spent on performing the sacrifices accessed by the Prophecy of Sotek missions.
The highest level of sacrifice grants Tehenauin the ability to evoke Sotek himself, manifesting an aspect of the serpent-god in battle to deal devastating damage to his foes.
- Stage 1
- Stage 2
- Stage 3
Sacrificial Offerings[edit | edit source]
Starting territory[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Culchan Plains (one settlement)
- Mortal Empires
- Northern Great Jungle (one settlement)
Legendary Lord Choices[edit | edit source]
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Cost -75% for the Rite of Sotek
- Upkeep +200% for Saurus infantry units and Temple Guard, until reaching stage 2 of the Prophecy of Sotek.
Tehenhauin's lord effects[edit | edit source]
- Physical resistance +10% for Skinks units (Lord's army)
- Leadership +10 when fighting against Skaven (Lord's army)
- Untainted +3 (local province)
Post-battle options[edit | edit source]
Cult of Sotek's post-battle options are the same as regular Lizardmen factions, except that Kill and Eat is replaced by Mark For Sacrifice which increases Sacrificial Offerings.
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Diplomatic traits as an AI faction:
- Cold-blooded logic
Strategy[edit | edit source]