|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information regarding this issue may or may not be found on the talk page.
Eltharion is a High Elves legendary lord introduced in The Warden and the Paunch paid DLC for Total War: Warhammer II. In the campaign, he leads the Yvresse faction. In battle, he is a versatile unit proficient in melee and magic who can ride a fearsome griffon.
Description[edit | edit source]
- This city will never be safe. Not whilst HE is still out there. - Eltharion the Grim
Eltharion the Grim, Prince of Yvresse and Warden of Tor Yvresse is a great Elven lord and ruler of the Kingdom of Yvresse in Ulthuan. His misty, forested, coastal kingdom is sparsely inhabited (even by Elven standards) and is protected by magical mists that confuse and waylay trespassers and invaders, leading them into ambushes or rough terrain.
Eltharion has a bitter grudge against Grom the Paunch, a rotund Goblin Warboss who once laid waste to much of Yvresse and killed Eltharion's father, Moranion. Though he had returned the favour by killing Blaktooth, the warlord's right hand shaman, The Greenskin slipped from his grasp. Now, Eltharion must focus on restoring the defences of Tor Yvresse, even strengthening them, for the return of his Archnemesis. Although the orcs take prioreity, the Grim Warden has sworn to never let his homeland fall to anyone, and there are other power who seek Ulthuan for themselves
In Total War: Warhammer II, Eltharion seeks to rebuild his ancestral home of Athel Tamarha, destroyed in ages past by Grom, to withstand Grom's next attack and gain final revenge. In order to do this he must use every tool at his disposal, including his Warden's Cage and elite Mistwalker units.
Talent Tree[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
Spells[edit | edit source]
Character abilities[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Campaign and multiplayer:
Additional campaign starting units[edit | edit source]
Mortal Empires[edit | edit source]
- War Lions of Chrace
- Arcane Pheonix
- Silverin Gurard
Eye of the Vortex[edit | edit source]
- Athel Tamara Faithbearers (Eltharion's Mistwalkers)
- War Lions of Chrace
- Silverin Guard
- Arcane Phoenix
Effects[edit | edit source]
TWW2[edit | edit source]
- Has access to the Dungeon of Athel Tamarha
- Can spread the Mists of Yvresse, cloaking Eltharion and his allies' lands in a defensive shroud
- Diplomatic relations: -80 with Greenskins
- Recruit Rank: +3 for Spear Infantry and Rangers
- Immune to Barrens Wasteland attrition (Lord's army)
- Leadership: +8 for Spear Infantry and Ranger units (Lord's army)
- Melee Defence: +8 for Spear Infantry and Ranger units (Lord's army)
- Attribute: Causes Fear when fighting against Greenskins
Character traits[edit | edit source]
Personal traits[edit | edit source]
Defeat/victory trait[edit | edit source]
With the dour defender defeated, Ulthuan lies exposed.
- Missile resistance: 10%
- Attribute: Charge Defence vs Large
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Eltharion starts the campaign with a High Elf Noble hero named Cavill. This is a reference to actor Henry Cavill (known for playing Superman, and Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher Netflix series) who said that Total War: Warhammer II is one of his favourite games.