Encourage is a generic ability that virtually every character has. It emanates in a radius around the unit constantly. Some campaign abilities increase the aura size like Settra the Imperishable or Azhag the Slaughterer.
This unit provides a Leadership bonus to nearby allies. Units within both range of a Lord's aura and an encouraging unit will take the larger of the two bonuses.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- 70m Aura
- Lords and Heroes provide +3 Leadership within 70m
- There is a small area of decaying effectiveness beyond this 70m where a unit will get +2 or +1 Leadership as well.
- Units with the encourage ability give +8 Leadership, making them more effective at shoring up Leadership.
- The same extra region of decaying effectiveness applies here. Zone is bigger because it has longer to decay. 8-1 rather than 3-1.
Tips[edit | edit source]
The ability does not stack, so a unit of Peasant Mob cannot be made to stand to the last man with 19 characters encouraging it.
That units give more effective bonuses than Lords and Heroes adds strong value to having a unit in the center of your army with the encourage aura rather than a Lord or Hero.
Units[edit | edit source]
Rarely, some units have the ability:
- War Mammoth (Warshrine)
- Aspiring Champions
- Longbeards (Great Weapons)
- The Grumbling Guard (Longbeards - Great Weapons)
- Winterheart Guards (Eternal Guard - Shields)
- Knights of the Lionhearted (Knights of the Realm)
- Shredder of Lustria (Dread Saurian)
- Knights of Tor Gaval
- Everqueen's Court Guards (Sisters of Avelorn)
- Eldred's Guard (Spearmen)
- Templehof Luminark (Luminark of Hysh)