Eye of the Vortex
Description[edit | edit source]
At the heart of the Elven homeland the Great Vortex coils, syphoning the excess magic that spills from the Realm of Chaos; but now, after many millennia, it falters. The Vortex is vulnerable and four great powers seek dominion. Choose a legendary champion and guide them in a race to control it and achieve ultimate power. What awaits at the Eye of the Vortex? Let the race begin!
The map[edit | edit source]
- This is a large, varied map divided into four major regions, each with their own, unique elements:
- Lustria (southwest) is dominated by lush jungles, with the Sotek's Spine mountains separating them from the dry west coast. The area is contested mostly by Lizardmen, but also contains Vampire Counts and many other races. In the north, a land bridge connects it to Naggaroth.
- Naggaroth (northwest) is a cold bleak land. It is dominated by Dark Elves factions and Beastmen, with chaotic Norscan Tribes to the north.
- Ulthuan (northeast) is the temperate island-continent where the Vortex is located, surrounded by various High Elf factions. Ulthuan's mountains and Fortress Gates make it hard to conquer.
- The Southlands (southeast) is the most varied area, with large deserts, jungles and savannah. The northern deserts dominated by Tomb Kings factions, with some Bretonnian crusaders. The tropical south has Lizardmen and Skaven.
- In addition, there are numerous small island provinces.
Victory objectives[edit | edit source]
The campaign is heavily story-focused, and factions can complete story objectives to win:
- High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven each use Rituals to control the Great Vortex.
- If another player/AI faction completes the final ritual first, the player will have one last chance to fight and stop them.
- Tomb Kings instead search for the Books of Nagash, ignoring the contest for the vortex.
- Vampire Coast seek to power the Star-Metal Harpoon and control the great merwyrm Amanar.
Players can still do a domination/conquest victory as well, by wiping out all the other major factions.
Playable factions[edit | edit source]
Unlike in the previous game, each playable faction is led by it's own legendary lord.
For a list of minor factions, see the navbox at the very bottom of the page.
Interactive map[edit | edit source]
You can click on provinces on this map.
Province list[edit | edit source]
|Province||Settlements||Climate||Special buildings||Trade goods||Starting owner|
||Necrarch Brotherhood (Quatarl rest destroyed)|
||Island||Caledor (Repose is destroyed)|
|Central Spine of Sotek||
||Spine of Sotek Dwarfs (Caverns)|
|Coast of Araby||
Knights of Origo (Copher)
|Coast of Squalls||
||Sentinels of Xeti (Colossus, Dust Gate), Court of Lybaras (Forgotten Isles)|
||Savannah||Southern Sentinels (ibid., rest destroyed)|
||Frozen||Deadwood Sentinels (Nagrar and Shagrath, rest is destroyed)|
||Cult of Excess (Angerrial)
Shrine is destroyed
|Forests of the Viper||
||Clan Gnaw (Mirror Pool and Causeway, Gates are destroyed)|
||Frozen/Mountain||Ss'ildra Tor (ibid., rest destroyed)|
||Clan Septik (Altar; rest is destroyed)|
||Cult of Pleasure (Quintex)|
|Isthmus of Lustria||
|Jungles of Green Mist||
||Jungle||Blue Vipers (Spektazuma)
Clan Skryre (Pillars)
|Jungles of Pahualaxa||
||Jungle/Savannah||Blue Vipers (The High Sentinel)|
|Kingdom of Beasts||
||Jungle||Last Defenders (Temple of Skulls)
Clan Mordkin (Serpent Coast)
|Land of Assassins||
||Knights of the Flame|
|Land of the Dead||
||Necrarch Brotherhood (Khemri and Springs)
Strygos Empire (Black Pyramid and Zandri)
|Land of the Dervishes||
||Desert||Sudenburg (El-Kalabad and Sudenburg)|
||Xlanhuapec (Xlanhuapec and Tlax)|
||Nagarythe (Tor Dranil)|
|Northern Great Jungle||
Clan Eshin (Quetza)
|Northern Spine of Sotek||
||Mountain||Hag Graef (Keshta Vault, rest destroyed)|
||Scourge of Khaine|
|Plain of Spiders||
||Drackla Coven (Clarak Spire)|
||Pirates of Sartosa|
|The Sea of Dread||
||Clar Karond (Lair is destroyed)|
|Shifting Mangrove Coastline||
||Clan Mordkin (Teotiqua)|
||Desert/Savannah||Necrarch Brotherhood (Ka-Sabar and Bhagar)|
|Southern Great Jungle||
||Jungle||Southern Sentinels (Gwakmol Crater)|
||Clan Mors (Yuatek)
Fortress of Dawn (Dawn's Light)
|Southern Spine of Sotek||
||Mountain||Spine of Sotek Dwarfs|
|Southlands World's Edge Mtns.||
||Mountain||Karak Zorn (ibid)
|Straits of Lothern||
Cult of Excess (Lysean and Glittering)
|The Black Coast||
||Bleak Holds (Bleak Hold Fortress)
Clar Karond (Hag Hall and Vaul's Anvil)
|The Black Flood||
|The Broken Lands||
||Savannah/Island||Fortress of Dawn|
|The Chill Road||
||Frozen||Ghrond (Great Arena is destroyed)|
|The Clawed Coast||
|The Creeping Jungle||
Blue Vipers (Temple of Kara)
|The Dragon Isles||
||Blood Hall Coven (Blood Hall; Isle of the Crimson Skull is destroyed)|
|The Forbidden Jungle||
||Jungle||Sentinels of Xeti (ibid.)
Blood Hall Coven (Chamber of Visions)
|The Great Desert||
||Strygos Empire (Bel Aliad is destroyed)|
|The Jungles of the Gods||
||Jungle/Savannah||Fortress of Dawn (Tor Surpindar)
Clan Moulder (Caverns of Sotek)
|The Lost Valley||
||Southern Sentinels (Subatuun)|
|The Red Rivers||
||Zlatlan (Zlatlan and Nahuotl)
Tlaqua (The Golden Tower and Cuexotl)
|The Road of Skulls||
|The Turtle Isles||
||Order of Loremasters (Turtle Isle)
Sentinels of Xeti (Golden Ziggurat)
|The Vampire Coast||
||Jungle||Vampire Coast (faction)|
||Tiranoc (all; Tor Anroc is destroyed)|
[edit | edit source]