Offices can have both faction wide and local benefits.
In order to benefit from faction wide positives of creating an office on the Council an Ancient Treeman simply needs to be given the position after the associated building (which can bring a faction wide bonus itself) is built. One offices does allow forming trade agreements with non-Wood Elf factions and a decrease in local corruption. The trade benefit is factionwide and seems to occur no matter where the officeholder is (though-due to geography-is likely initially limited to Bretonnian factions). The local benefit of decreased corruption only occurs in the province the officeholder currently is in.
Effects[edit | edit source]
The King in the Woods: +20% income from razing a settlement (Lord's army) -initially occupied by Orion
- Protector of the Oak: +30 Leadership for Dryad, Tree kin, and Treeman units (Lord's army), -50% enemy hero action success chance (local province), -20% recruitment cost for Treeman units (Lord's army).
- Elder Speaker: +50% aura size, +80 experience gain per turn (Lord's army), +20% income from trade agreements.
The rest are locked behind certain technologies.
- Warden of the Wildwood: The Warden provides an increase to public order, decreased construction costs, and improves Wildwood Rangers
- Herald of the Hunt: The Herald of the hunt will be chosen to take part in any Wild Hunt events and provides upkeep reductions to Wild Rider units and movement range bonus to the army.
- The Tickerster's Masque: Enables trade with non-Wood Elf factions and improves Wardancer units
- Starlight Craftsman: Economy bonuses and improves Glade Guard units
Council of Ancients[edit | edit source]
The Council of Ancients is the Argwylon counterpart to the Wood Elf council and can be filled by 4 Ancient Treeman lords. Wood Elf lords and Dryad heroes cannot sit on the Council of Ancients, but Orion can if the Wood Elves are confederated into Argwlyon.
- Ancient of Talrennic: Provides an additional space for 3 more spellsingers and 3 more branchwraiths factionwide (this can nearly double the number of spellcasting heroes allowed in an army).
- Ancient of Delliandra: Enables trade with non-Wood Elves (must have path between capitals) factionwide, local +10 reduction in corruption (both vampire and chaos corruption)
- Ancient of Threllock: +50% leadership aura, local +10% income to buildings in area
- Ancient of Druthandor: +10% research factionwide, +100 experience for this lord's army
Offices can be seen and lords selected for them by clicking on the "Offices" button on the wheel in the lower left corner of the campaign screen.