Free Company Militia is a Empire missile infantry unit. These men did not ask for war, yet it has come all the same. With sword in hand, they fight because they must.
Whilst state troops form the mainstay of the Empire’s military forces, its armies are often bulked out by ad hoc regiments of militia who are recruited, willingly or not, to fight as and when required. No one can foretell how many will turn up at the muster, or what their fighting quality will be. After all, these irregular troops receive no formal training or discipline. Many militias are formed of townsfolk and villagers levied from the local countryside – brave men standing ready to defend their homes and families against the monsters and beasts that constantly threaten them. Other militias are bands of mercenaries, bandits or other curs used to living by the strength of their sword arm, hired or pressed into service.
- ↑ Fire whilst moving: This unit can fire while on the move.
- ↑ Decent Melee Combatant: Despite being primarily a missile unit or spellcaster, this unit can also hold its own ground when fighting in melee.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- ↓ Weak Against Armour: This unit's attack can hardly punch through armour and is thus wasted on heavily armoured enemies.
- Free Company Militia is a versatile ambusher infantry unit that can survive in melee better than most missile infantry save the Wood Elves. Their purpose is to attack from the flanks, or to fire then charge.