|This article or section is a stub. You can help Total War: WARHAMMER Wiki by .|
Gor-Rok the Great White Lizard is the current leader of the Itza faction playable of Lizardmen, since the release of The Hunter and the Beast DLC for Total War: Warhammer II. The Great White Lizard is renowned for his stoicism he displays whilst simultaneously savaging his enemies in battle.
Description[edit | edit source]
Nicknamed The Great White Lizard, Gor-Rok was born with extraordinary proportions (even for a saurus) and albine colour of skin. For that, he was destined to be an outstanding leader a deadly combatant and overall a true hero since his birth.
When Gor-Rok first emerged from the spawning pool of Itza, his size, pure albino colourings and lone arrival immediately marked him as a future champion. And so it has been — for the Great White Lizard, as Gor-Rok is also known, has fought in countless battles, his heavily scarred body a testament to many thousands of hard-fought triumphs. Gor-Rok is the mightiest of warriors, the solid centre around which the Saurus battle lines advance, and the rock on which Itza’s enemies are broken.
Attibutes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Predatory Senses: These units are natural hunters that can sense prey hiding nearby.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Lord Effects[edit | edit source]
- Melee Defence +5 when in own or friendly territory (Lord's Army)
- +20% Physical resistance when defending sieges (Lord's Army)
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Gor-Rok is a tank through and through. He is strong and very defensible. He may not win a battle on his own, but he will outlast hordes of enemies or the targeting of powerful character units. He is meant to be the ultimate defender of the Lizardmen, which is translated in game to bonuses when he is in friendly territory or when under siege. One can think of a Gor-Rok campaign as a slow moving but inevitable wave. Once you take an enemy settlement, as long as Gor-Rok is there the settlement shouldn't fall. His bonuses incentivize a focus on fully securing his lands before pressing forward to conquer more, although with Lord Kroak, its easy to crush one's enemies regardless of where they are.
One of his abilities or items also grants him increased defensive capabilities the lower his health gets. He also provides bonuses to Saurus to make what are already linebackers for infantry, even tankier.
Gor-Rok and Lord Kroak operate as a unique hammer and anvil stategy. Gor-Rok charges out and holds enemies in place while Kroak unleashes his Deliverance of Itza spell around him. Use to very bloody effectiveness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]