Greenskins is a collective term for the army of orcs and goblins in world of Warhammer. This article refers specifically to the major faction Greenskins, as opposed to the sub-factions The Bloody Handz, and Crooked Moon.
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||Stoopid humie gitz – we iz da best!||„|
Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Old World. Collectively known as Greenskins, they are an aggressive and brutal race with an unquenchable love of fighting. For most nations, war is a means to an end - an act of aggression to conquer and dominate an enemy. However, the Greenskins - and the Orcs in particular - revel in battle purely for the sake of it. Orcs are built for violence - brutal, bullying creatures of jutting jaws and hulking appearance. The Goblins, by contrast, are smaller but more cunning as they mob up in greater numbers. This motley cast is supported by a fell menagerie of other creatures from wolves to Trolls, monstrous spiders to lumbering Giants.
Yet it’s the Orcs that dominate - their violent temperament keeping them top of the Greenskin tree. Orc attacks range from raids to mighty Waaaghs! where Greenskins of all stripes congregate in their tens of thousands under a single leader, who they believe has been chosen by Gork (or Mork) - the fickle gods of Orc-dom - to lead the mighty green tide on a rampage across the world. It is the Waaagh! that the other, weaker, races fear the most, as once an Orc Warboss gains enough momentum his horde can only ever be stopped at great cost. The Empire is a common target - having been ravaged countless times by infamous Waaaghs! throughout history. Yet it is the Dwarfs that harbour a special hatred of Orcs and their despicable kin, as the Dawi have lost many of their legendary strongholds to Greenskin incursions.
While the Greenskins have made lairs in ransacked Dwarfen holds, they can be found across the world - the majority residing in the arid Badlands, mainly fighting amongst themselves and occasionally coming together as a greater threat. Now such an occasion is upon us, for Grimgor Ironhide comes south. Goaded by Gorfang Rotgut, the boss of Black Crag, Ironhide marches with his Black Orcs. Once Black Crag is his, surely the Badlands will follow? And then the rest of the Dwarf realms shall fall to his ever-growing Waaagh!, all while the Empire and the other humie realms burn. This is what Gork and Mork demand; please them and ensure the mobs shout the name "GRIMGOR" for the rest of time!
Start Position[edit | edit source]
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
Short Campaign[edit | edit source]
- Destroy the following faction(s):
- Occupy, loot, raze or sack 25 different settlements.
- Destroy the following faction(s):
- Earn 10,000 gold from raiding
- Ensure that Archaon the Everchosen is in a wounded state
Long Campaign[edit | edit source]
The same as the short campaign, with the following additions:
- Occupy, loot, raze or sack 50 different settlements.
- Control all of the following Dwarfholds either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies:
- Earn 20,000 gold from raiding
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Greenskin armies are extremely varied, comprising orcs, goblins, trolls, giants, and spiders. This melting pot excels at adapting to any battlefield circumstance.
- Combat is what Greenskins live for and unsurprisingly, periods of peace cause major attrition as they start stabbing at each other. Keep everyone on a warpath and the troops will not have to resort to infighting.
- Internecine warfare makes the Greenskins scattered and individually weak. Settling quarrels between the tribes is the first step to uniting them and creating a Waaagh! that will shake the very foundations of the world.
- Large unit sizes and cheap unit upkeep. Goblin units have brittle leadership.
- Bonuses to income derived from raiding and sacking.
- Limited technology tree. Cannot trade. Limited economic buildings.