Greenskins is a collective term for the army of orcs and goblins in world of Warhammer.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Greenskin armies are extremely varied, comprising orcs, goblins, trolls, giants, squigs and spiders. This melting pot excels at adapting to any battlefield circumstance. Combat is what Greenskins live for and unsurprisingly, periods of peace cause major attrition as they start stabbing at each other. Keep everyone on a warpath and the troops will not have to resort to infighting. Speaking of infighting: Internecine warfare makes the Greenskins scattered and individually weak. Settling quarrels between the tribes is the first step to uniting them and creating a Waaagh! that will shake the very foundations of the world.
- Greenskins are a faction geared towards aggressive gameplay focusing on sacking and raiding thanks to the bonus income received that way; their settlement options and technology trees are limited, not to mention they cannot trade at all, so resources are also largely meaningless. Your primary focus, therefore, is striking deep into enemy territory, aided by your ability to recruit anywhere on the map, aided by a very robust catalogue of units ranging from the cheap, yet easily routed goblins to the stout, aggressive orcs. Flexibility and mobility are the greenskins' distinguishing feature - well, that and the large number of monsters. This makes playing them a bit of a diverse challenge, on the one hand, they are quite forgiving in battle mode, but maintaining fightiness and logistics during the campaign can be a challenge.
- Fightiness deserves elaboration: Greenskins who don't fight start to tear themselves apart. Those who fight a lot get a chance of spawning a Waaagh!, an AI controlled Greenskin army. Fightiness is what also makes Greenskins a challenge to confront: Trying to disassemble them piecemeal only makes them stronger. Decisive battles work best.
- Regiments of Renown are particularly strong insofar the Greenskins are concerned and can easily form the core of an army. However, where the greenskins really shine is competitive play, where they have a well-rounded unit roster that only lacks for decent AP ranged units. Grimgor Ironhide is particularly notable, as he has the perfect blend of DPS, health, and armor piled on him that make fighting him a sorry prospect for most unit. However, Ahzag or Wurrzag can be a better choice if you want to cast spells as well.
Unit Roster[edit | edit source]
Main article: Greenskins unit roster
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||Stoopid humie gitz – we iz da best!||„|
Orcs and Goblins are the scourge of the Old World. Collectively known as Greenskins, they are an aggressive and brutal race with an unquenchable love of fighting. For most nations, war is a means to an end - an act of aggression to conquer and dominate an enemy. However, the Greenskins - and the Orcs in particular - revel in battle purely for the sake of it. Orcs are built for violence - brutal, bullying creatures of jutting jaws and hulking appearance. The Goblins, by contrast, are smaller but more cunning as they mob up in greater numbers. This motley cast is supported by a fell menagerie of other creatures from wolves to Trolls, monstrous spiders to lumbering Giants.
Yet it’s the Orcs that dominate - their violent temperament keeping them top of the Greenskin tree. Orc attacks range from raids to mighty Waaaghs! where Greenskins of all stripes congregate in their tens of thousands under a single leader, who they believe has been chosen by Gork (or Mork) - the fickle gods of Orc-dom - to lead the mighty green tide on a rampage across the world. It is the Waaagh! that the other, weaker, races fear the most, as once an Orc Warboss gains enough momentum his horde can only ever be stopped at great cost. The Empire is a common target - having been ravaged countless times by infamous Waaaghs! throughout history. Yet it is the Dwarfs that harbour a special hatred of Orcs and their despicable kin, as the Dawi have lost many of their legendary strongholds to Greenskin incursions.
While the Greenskins have made lairs in ransacked Dwarfen holds, they can be found across the world - the majority residing in the arid Badlands, mainly fighting amongst themselves and occasionally coming together as a greater threat. Now such an occasion is upon us, for Grimgor Ironhide comes south. Goaded by Gorfang Rotgut, the boss of Black Crag, Ironhide marches with his Black Orcs. Once Black Crag is his, surely the Badlands will follow? And then the rest of the Dwarf realms shall fall to his ever-growing Waaagh!, all while the Empire and the other humie realms burn. This is what Gork and Mork demand; please them and ensure the mobs shout the name "GRIMGOR" for the rest of time!
Start Position[edit | edit source]
Lord Choices[edit | edit source]
- Grimgor Ironhide
- Azhag the Slaughterer
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
Short Campaign[edit | edit source]
- Destroy the following faction(s):
- Occupy, loot, raze or sack 25 different settlements.
- Destroy the following faction(s):
- Earn 10,000 gold from raiding
- Ensure that Archaon the Everchosen is in a wounded state
Long Campaign[edit | edit source]
The same as the short campaign, with the following additions:
- Occupy, loot, raze or sack 50 different settlements.
- Control all of the following Dwarfholds either by direct ownership or through vassals and military allies:
- Earn 20,000 gold from raiding