- Helman Ghorst requires The Grim and the Grave DLC to be playable.
Helman Ghorst is a Vampire Counts spellcaster legendary lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer via DLC. His powerful spells are devastating on the battlefield.
||What is death but an obstacle to be overcome? There is no true death beneath the eternal night.
Helman Ghorst was once a man, yet that life was ripped from him by the uncaring vicissitudes of fate. The loss of his father and brothers to plague sent Ghorst into an obsessive madness; he began studying the black arts in the hope of returning his lost kith to life. Inevitably, he drew the attention of the Witch Hunter, von Kordon, and so abandoned Templehof and fled to Vargravia, taking the corpses of his brothers and father with him, determined to find a way to return them to life through Necromancy. It was here, forsaken in a corrupted land, that he attracted the attention of Mannfred von Carstein. Rather than killing Ghorst, the Count revealed further dark secrets to him, transforming Helman into something beyond the grief-maddened man from Templehof. Now, he is carried through the night on a bone-ridged cart, pulled not by horses, but by the brothers he so desperately wished to save – each a once-handsome farrier restored to a mockery of life, forced to stumble along at the head of their kin’s unloving host.
- ↑ Regeneration: Regeneration allows a unit to heal while in battle. Fire is known to harm this healing process, so be warned that flaming attacks will cause more damage to units with Regeneration.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
Helman Ghorst uses a combination of spells from the Lore of Vampires, and one unique spell.
When chosen as starting lord:
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- All units in Helman Ghorst's army receive poison attacks
- Casualty replenishment rates: +20%
- +30% Research
- +3 Corpse cart recruit rank
- +12 Corpse cart Charge Bonus
Click here to add a strategy!