Henri le Massif
"Quite literally 'the Massive,' Henri is one of the largest Bretonnian Paladins ever and a loyal Knight of Repanse, who stands by her side through thick and thin."
- —Henri le Massif, legendary Paladin of Bretonnia
Overview[edit | edit source]
Henri le Massif
Background[edit | edit source]
Hailing from northern Bretonnia, Henri le Massif was as much a mountain as a man. Like the other knights of Repanse's army, he placed himself in her service in recognition of her strong association with the Lady of the Lake.
A mighty Grail Knight and Paladin, Henri was an expert in the ways of killing monsters. Having supped from the Holy Grail, he was indomitable in the face of the most fearsome abomination. This, combined with his natural valour, led to him developing particular skill in defeating the largest and strongest of foes.
Henri proved to be a formidable challenge to the most dangerous creatures to prowl the World, such as Dragons and even Greater Daemons. Thus, when battle arrived, he would seek out and slay the most horrific beasts the Chevaliers would face, strong in the knowledge that the Lady was with him.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- Large size even on foot (le massif)
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Hero actions in campaign[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Henri is valuable because he is a flying anti-large armour piercing character that is not a Lord unit. The only other options for Bretonnia are Alberic and Louen and they are lords. Henri is a hero, which means he provides the same benefits and allows more variety in the Lord option (Repansse, Prophetess, etc.) Overall, he specialises in taking out large units and relying on the fear/terror of his hippogryph to take care of infantry units. In campaign, he becomes an unstoppable force rather quickly, and when combined with Repansse, nigh unkillable.