Isabella von Carstein is a Von Carstein legendary lord. She is good in melee, provides buffs to Vampire heroes, and is a Lore of Vampires spellcaster. As wicked as she is learned, no mortal can harm the Unliving Countess of Sylvania, for she reigns eternal!
Isabella was released as free content by Creative Assembly. She must be manually downloaded here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/455041/Total_War_WARHAMMER__Isabella_von_Carstein/
As the daughter of the last Count von Drak, Isabella carries in her veins true nobility, laced with supreme arrogance and cruelty. Though her union with Vlad von Carstein was at first a marriage of convenience, love soon blossomed - a love that was to see Isabella ushered into the ranks of the Midnight Aristocracy, granting them both the power to realise their dreams. Isabella's newfound ability to raise the dead, coupled with her undying devotion to her husband, means the von Carsteins are more than a match for their enemies. With the Chalice of Bathori in hand, and Vlad at her side, there are few in the Old World who can stand against Isabella von Carstein!
Campaign Effects (as starting lord)[edit | edit source]
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- Master of Beguilement
- Undeath Resurgent
- Red Fury
Click here to add a strategy!
- Isabella von Carstein has probably the most useful defeat trait of any lord: permanent hit point regeneration in battle. If your lords are on the front lines, it might be advisable to seek out the Von carsteins and 'farm' her trait on your lords.
This is obvious, but during campaign Vlad and Isabella have fantastic synergy. Combined they both add 15 to Melee attack and defense...which turns them from powerful Vampire lords to mostly unstoppable.
Put Vampires in Isabellas army, at least 2 preferably 3 or more.
Also, take Isabellas Red line skill 'At dawn they sleep' IMMEDIATELY. It turns bats from a useful, powerful unit into a Godlike unit.