Kroxigors is a Lizardmen melee infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer II. The perfect shock troop smashes into enemy lines, devastating their confidence by inflicting many casualties.
Description[edit | edit source]
Kroxigors are giant crocodilian relatives of the Saurus. They are hulking creatures, their bodies consisting of slabs of rock-hard muscle and massive jaws bristling with razor-sharp teeth. When enraged, they unleash their only form of speech - a blood-curdling roar that reverberates across the jungle. During times of war, units of Kroxigors are used as shock troops to batter enemy battlelines. In combat, formations of Kroxigors and Skinks prove unusually effective, with the Skinks able to pepper foes with poison-tipped javelins before crashing headlong into combat, where they are backed up by the crushing power provided by the mighty Kroxigors. Because of their massive frames, Kroxigors can easily reach over any intervening Skinks, allowing the reptilian giants to pulp more than their share of any foe.
Kroxigors form the working class in Lizardmen society. Their huge, muscular bodies were designed by the Old Ones to have Kroxigors act as the main beasts of burden when constructing their ancient Templecities. Like most Lizardmen, they are born through the spawning pools according to the plans of the Old Ones. Kroxigors lack any sort of complex thinking, relying on the Skinks to order them around and provide leadership. Kroxigors and Skink Cohorts (Shields) often fight together - while the Skinks lure unsuspecting enemies into lower waters, the Kroxigors lurk just below the surface before erupting and crushing them without mercy. Kroxigors are soothed by Skink presence, defending them against all harm and following them even into the midst of battle. In peacetime, they build and keep the Templecities intact. In war, they take up weapons to defend them.
In battle, Kroxigors often carry large stone hammers and maces which even the strongest Saurus could not attempt to lift. They fight with a savage strength and are often overcome by their predatory instincts. Sometimes Skinks have to chain their heavy weapons to themselves for the Kroxigors, once angered, often drop them and start ripping apart enemies with teeth and claws or crushing them with savage blows. Kroxigors seldom wear any armor, instead they rely upon their natural defenses like so many Lizardmen.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Predatory Senses: These units are natural hunters that can sense prey hiding nearby.
- ↓ Primal Instincts: When under pressure, the primal instincts of these natural predators take over. They then may go on a rampage against nearby enemy units, attacking the closest one and ignoring any orders given.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- They are large, bipedal crocodilian monsters that tower even above the mightiest of the Saurus Warriors. Charging into battle, they wield huge hammers and maces to crush their opponents. They excel in thick melee fights, ripping apart Infantry left and right. Kroxigors are powerful meleefighters, able to crush most infantry with their charge. Their low speed is one of their biggest dangers, making them susceptible both to armor-piercing ranged attacks and anti-large cavalry. Though they are decently armored and can call a huge HP pool their own, they have to rely on the right engagements. They excel at tearing apart large swaths of Low-Tier infantry. Against more elite units they function more as a support unit, adding a fear de-buff and large armor-piercing damage not unlike Crypt Horrors or Fimir Warriors. Like most Lizardmen, they are prone to rampage, so keeping the Units healthy will be vital to allow them to succeed.
- Kroxigors are an excellent unit to use in defensive sieges. While they cannot mount ramparts, two units or even one unit of Kroxigors can easily shore up a destroyed gate or section of wall to prevent the enemy from entering the fortress. When fighting in such narrow choke points the Kroxigor's durability lets them continue fighting for a long time, giving you ample time to reinforce them with fresh units or to focus on more immediete threats.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Most cost effective use.[edit | edit source]
Kroxigors while as individuals are very strong, suffer from a small unit size and thus even against low tier infantry will suffer many hits for each the deal out, making them to take far more damage than they should when working alone. Without any campiagn buffs (such as in multi-player or early in your conquest) they should be used as they were in the lore, together with a tar pit unit such as skinks or sarus warriors. First engage with the tar pit unit, then charge your kroxigors in through your friendly unit This will prevent them from getting swarmed and allow both units to survive and deal out much more damage than they would alone.
Overall it is hard to make this unit cost effective in multi-player as it is easily focused by your opponent and needs support of another unit to work as intended, however in campaign with the correct choices they can be a force of be reckoned with.