- Looking for something else? See our Lord disambiguation page.
Legendary Lords or LLs are powerful individuals from Warhammer Fantasy lore. In Total War: Warhammer and it's sequels, they are unique Lords (a type of character unit) who are playable in the campaign, multiplayer and custom battles. Each campaign must be started with the player choosing a faction and a legendary lord.
How Legendary Lords work[edit | edit source]
Recruiting legendary lords:
- Only one of each Legendary Lord can be recruited at a time - they are unique.
- When starting a campaign, players pick a faction and then a Legendary Lord to begin with.
- Some factions have multiple legendary lords available.
- In this case, the player must pick one to start the campaign with and then must complete certain objectives to "unlock" his/her faction's other legendary lords for recruitment.
- If a legendary lord belongs to a different faction (of the same race), the player may instead confederate that faction to gain access to the legendary lord.
Skills, abilities and effects:
- Beyond being powerful units in battle, they have access to unique Legendary items, which are especially powerful and cannot be lost in campaign battles.
- Each one has a unique skill tree with personalised skills and abilities.
- Each LL will start the campaign with additional units in their army which are higher tier. For instance Tyrion begins with a Silver Helms (Sheilds), Ithilmar Chariot and White Lions.
- Each LL has their own special effects which apply if they are chosen to start the campaign. These effects may be specific to themselves, their army, or their entire faction.
- Legendary lords may have special unique character traits.
- Defeating a Legendary Lord in Total War: Warhammer II will grant a special trait to the lord that does it. Each LL grants a different trait.
- During a campaign, when engaging in diplomacy with a playable faction, that faction will have a Legendary Lord representing them as the faction leader.
- Some legendary lords require paid DLC to play as, others may be free but require the player to download them from Steam manually.
- Legendary Lords will have special quest missions, which often culminate in a set piece battle and the lord gaining a legendary item.
Total War: Warhammer Legendary Lords[edit | edit source]
Total War: Warhammer II Legendary Lords[edit | edit source]
Note that the Mortal Empires campaign in Total War: Warhammer II, also includes all the legendary lords from the first Total War: Warhammer, though some received some changes (see below).
Old Races that were changed for Mortal Empires in Total War: Warhammer II[edit | edit source]
|Altered for Total War: Warhammer II|
|Race||Faction||Lord name||How to recruit||Required DLC|
|Dwarfs||Dwarfs||Thorgrim Grudgebearer||Clear 8 Grudges||Free in the base game|
|Grombrindal||Construct a Monument of Grimnir||Free download on Steam|
|Karak Kadrin||Ungrim Ironfist||N/A||Free in the base game|
|Clan Angrund||Belegar Ironhammer||N/A||The King and the Warlord|
|Vampire Counts||Vampire Counts||Mannfred von Carstein||Occupy all of Eastern and Western Sylvania||Free in the base game|
|Helman Ghorst||Chosse the Assimilate Post-battle options 10 times||The Grim and the Grave|
|Von Carstein||Vlad von Carstein||Available on Turn 1||Free, no download required|
|Isabella von Carstein||Available on Turn 1||Free download on Steam|
|The Barrow Legion||Heinrich Kemmler||N/A||Free in the base game|