Description[edit | edit source]
- I hate snow! - Malekith the tyrant Witch King of Naggaroth
Malekith is the son of Morathi and the late Aenarion, the very first Phœnix King. Before his betrayal and assassination of Bel Shanaar, the second Phœnix King, he also was known as Malekith the Great. Malekith has done much and risked much more to achieve dominion; he will do more still.
The Witch King is the supreme ruler of Naggaroth, and the eternal enemy of the High Elves. Long ago, he sought the claim Ulthuan's crown, but the Flames of Asuryan left him scarred by fire and twisted with hatred. In the years since, Malekith has many times attempted to scour Ulthuan from the face of the world, but each time has been undone by cruel fate or the incompetence of craven underlings. Yet the Witch King is immortal, and knows he will outlast those who foolishly believe themselves his betters. The day is fast approaching where old debts and insults will finally be repaid, and Malekith will do anything within his power to hasten its arrival.
Denied the throne and then rejected by the god Asuryan’s purifying flames, Malekith, rightful son of Aenarion, has declared himself forever the enemy of Ulthuan and the Asur. Malekith’s broken body was healed by his mother, the Hag Sorceress Morathi, using magical means, he remains scarred from the encounter and twisted by an inalienable desire to avenge himself upon those once considered kin. There are none among the Druchii – Malekith’s Elven supporters – who have seen his face, for his entire body lies encased within a suit of enchanted, black-metal armour said to be fused to his flesh. Many among the Druchii even mutter that Morathi’s Dark Magic has rendered her son immortal. Whether or not this is true, Malekith promises dire vengeance upon the Asur, vowing to wipe Ulthuan forever from the face of the world if he is denied the Phoenix Throne again.
Deep within the Dark Elves’ bleak kingdom of Naggaroth, plans are afoot to bring about the High Elves’ downfall. To this end, Malekith has spent centuries training to become the perfect warrior, a much-dreaded sorcerer, and an ‘inspirational’ leader, although fear of the ‘Witch King’, as he is now known is, in many cases, the galvanising element.
Malekith’s forces have followed him across the world in pursuit of his dark goal, and have faced the High Elves on many occasions; in spite of this, Ulthuan still stands. Nothing if not persistent, Malekith knows that soon there will be a final reckoning between the Elves – the Druchii will rise, the Asur will fall, and the work of millennia will at last be complete. If the Witch King cannot rule Ulthuan, then no one will!
Talent Tree[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
Spells[edit | edit source]
Character abilities[edit | edit source]
- Gaze of Malice
- Deadly Onslaught
- Rally! / Stand or Die!
- Arcane Conduit
- Hold the Line!
- Spiteful Conjuration (lore attribute for Dark Magic)
Items[edit | edit source]
- Destroyer (campaign & multiplayer)
- Circlet of Iron (campaign & multiplayer)
- Supreme Spellshield (campaign & multiplayer)
- Armour of Midnight (campaign only)
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Campaign and multiplayer:
Additional campaign starting units[edit | edit source]
Mortal Empires[edit | edit source]
Eye of the Vortex[edit | edit source]
Effects[edit | edit source]
TWW2[edit | edit source]
- Malekith gives a percentage of his XP earned to other Lords
- Diplomatic relations +30 with Cult of Pleasure
- Loyalty +2 for newly recruited Lords
- Increased chance of loyalty loss for Lords of a higher rank than Malekith
- Upkeep -50% for Black Guard of Naggarond, Dreadspears, Bleakswords and Darkshards units (Lord's army) - this is through his personal character trait
Character traits[edit | edit source]
Personal traits[edit | edit source]
- Witch King of Naggaroth
- Upkeep -50% for Black Guard of Naggarond, Dreadspears, Bleakswords, Darkshards (Lord's army). (also see Lord effects)
Defeat/victory trait[edit | edit source]
- Immortal Unbeloved
- Income from raiding: +10% (Lord's army)
- Passive ability: "Frenzy"
Skill tree[edit | edit source]
Choice between Warleader and Tyrant trees.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Malekith is a powerful swordsman and lore of dark spellcaster. He skills can be allocated to specialize in either class or towards a balanced build. Choosing Seraphon as his mount makes him mobile and durable while enabling him to br much more effective in damaging groups of enemies in melee combat.