"The Gods see fit to populate the Old World with all manners of foul monsters. They've also seen fit to grant me a keen eye and a strong bow to hunt them with."
- —Markus Wulfhart, the Huntsmarshal of the Empire.
Markus Wulfhart is an Empire Legendary Lord unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer II. As of The Hunter and the Beast for Total War: Warhammer II, he leads the faction The Huntsmarshal's Expedition. In battle, Wulfhart is a powerful archer but is not suited for melee combat.
Description[edit | edit source]
Markus Wulfhart, known by his title as the Huntmarshal, is the Emperor's "Captain of Scouts" and one of the most successful hunters and monster slayers in the entire Old World. Markus was originally an ordinary inhabitant of the village of Drakenburg, situated within the deepest forest lands of the Middenland province.
As Huntsmarshal, he is now the commander of all Imperial scouts as well as the leader of his own band of monster hunters.
"Wulfhart's Hunters," as they call themselves, are an elite rag-tag group of trappers, hunters, archers and scouts drawn from all over the Empire. Nowhere else in the Emperor's armies can a more diverse group of warriors be found in one unit.
Such grim men come from as far south as Wissenland, or as far north as Middenland. City-born men of metropolises like Nuln or Altdorf rub shoulders with their comrades of more rural birth from the agricultural lands of Averland or Stirland.
These brave men fight side-by-side under the charismatic leadership of Markus Wulfhart, and any regional differences are snuffed out instantly under his command. An eternal bond of brotherhood is forged as they fight against a common foe.
Under the masterful leadership of Markus, Wulfhart's Hunters have earned the respect of their countrymen by being the most accomplished group of monster slayers in the Empire, and some say the entire Old World. Such hunts include the killing of the Talonbeast of Stirland, the Ostermark Ice Dragon, and even the Chimera of Flamespire Peak, to name just a few.
Whilst lesser men would run horrified by the monsters the world harbours in its dark corners, Wulfhart's Hunters stand their ground against such impossible odds, as both Markus and his men calmly steady their bows and aim for the killing strike.[1b]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Sure and True: Such advanced ballistic skills tend to rub off on one's subordinates- Constant 40m buff to reload skill, missile damage, and armour piercing missile damage (campaign only)
- Executioner: Wulfhart considers it his sworn duty to dispatch the Emperor's enemies without the slightest hesitation. Missile attack that does more damage the more health a unit has lost. Only usable on single entities. (campaign only)
- Focused Shot
- Hunter's Snare
Item[edit | edit source]
Campaign Effects[edit | edit source]
When picked as your starting legendary lord:
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Markus is a deadly sniping character, however he needs time and space to work down his targets. This makes him vulnerable to harass units or being dove upon by enemy lords. He is a decent combatant, but can only hope to trade evenly in melee rather than win a duel. Keep some elements nearby to keep enemies away or use other units to distract from Markus, who can go unnoticed if your opponent is not wary of him. He provides many buffs to Huntsmen and archer units encouraging the player to use them extensively to combat the monsters of the jungle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Markus Wulfhart is brother to Jacob Wulfhart who was the captain of the ship with the Star-metal Harpoon that the Vampire Coast seeks out. Wulfhart will reference this in a voiceline when travelling over water, something along the lines of "Sailing was always my brother, Jacob's, domain"