||I will see Malekith crowned...
Morathi is a Dark Elves spellcaster legendary lord introduced in Total War: Warhammer II. The mother of the Witch King is more than a match for most other magic-users on the field.
In the campaign, Morathi leads the Cult of Pleasure faction.
Morathi the Hag Sorceress of Ghrond and First of the Hag Queens is the mother of Malekith and one-time consort of Aenarion, who rescued her from a warband of Slaanesh in the days of the first Chaos invasion, before the Sundering. She is not only the lone Witch Elf allowed to use Dark Magic but is also one of the most powerful magic-users in the world, rivalling perhaps even Nagash the Great Necromancer, the Lords of Change, and Teclis of Ulthuan. She has struck Daemonic pacts with many vile and disturbing forces, and can unleash the terrible power of Chaos upon those who displease her. Morathi's entire existence has been one of scheming and manipulation. Who knows how many of Aenarion's darker deeds sprang from seeds she planted within his mind, or how the history of the Elves might have been different if he had not taken her as his wife. Yet for all her beauty, she was ultimately spurned by the Phoenix King. Heartbroken, Morathi swore that if her husband could no longer rule the Elves, her son would do so in his place. Since that day, Morathi has pursued that goal with supernatural determination, spending millennia teaching Malekith all she knows of statecraft and magic, and working tirelessly to maintain his grip on Naggaroth's throne.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Spellcaster: This unit can cast spells.
- On turn start, Lords in this character's region have a chance to gain 2 loyalty (local region).
- Chaos corruption +1 (all characters)
Morathi uses a combination of spells from the Lore of Dark Magic, Lore of Death and Lore of Shadows.
Eye of the Vortex
Click here to add a strategy!