Morghur the Shadowgave
Morghur the Shadowgave
Morghur does not care for the world as it is, preferring to remake it according to his ever-changing whims.
Morghur is also known as Morghur the Corruptor.
Description[edit | edit source]
The vile, twisted creature known as Morghur is the essence of mutation and corruption given form. His coarse hair is woven through with gibbering, shrieking skulls, and his form flows and reshapes with every passing second. Morghur's lair is deep within a cave near the Forest of Arden. The dank, stone walls flow like water in his presence, constantly reforming to mirror the dark visions that plague him. Morghur's mind is filled with images of destruction and desolation. Hatred boils within his heart, and he is consumed with the desire to make his waking-dreams become reality -- to rip down civilisation in all its forms, to shatter order wherever it is found and to change the world constantly and randomly. As he walks the world, everything in his presence is irrevocably twisted. Grass grows in disturbing patterns beneath his hooves, streams flow backwards and animals mutate horribly.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Aura of Transmutation : Morghur's Ruinous, transformative aura protects him from damage most of the time, but he is vulnerable whilst it recharges.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- ↑ Regeneration: Regeneration allows a unit to heal while in battle. Fire is known to harm this healing process, so be warned that flaming attacks will cause more damage to units with Regeneration.
Campaign Effects[edit | edit source]
If chosen as starting lord:
Additional Starting Units
- Chaos corruption: +3 (all characters)
- Upkeep: +30% for Minotaur units
- Upkeep: -30% for Chaos Spawn units
- +12% casualties suffered from chaos territory attrition (local enemy armies)
- Morghur will always remain wounded for no more than one turn
- +8 spawn Melee Defence
- +20% missile resistance for Spawn
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Start Position[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- Stave of Ruinous Corruption - confers the ability to summon a unit of Spawn of Shadowgave in battle.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Morghur may be a caster, but he is also a decent fighter. Don't be afraid to engage him in melee combat against weaker units such as Empire swordsmen or Bretonnian infantry at a crucial point in the battle! Avoid extended combat with elite melee units, however.
In campaign, he favors Chaos spawn over minotaurs for a late game army.
Morghur, as a member of the Beastmen faction, is faster than the average human infantryman, but still slower than most cavalry or fast-moving units. Don't leave his flanks exposed, and don't leave him without protection. The same rule applies for most mages.