Orion is a Wood Elves missile infantry unit. Orion is the Wood Elves; he is the Winds; he is Athel Loren itself.
Orion is the King of Athel Loren. He is immortal, but his existence is irrevocably tied to the seasons. Thus does he pass willingly into his own funeral pyre each Midwinter, only to be reborn into thunderous life on the first day of Spring. Each year, on the eve of the vernal equinox, the Wild Riders select a young prince who will bear the mantle of Orion for the coming year. This chosen one is led to the Oak of Ages and given over to Ariel's keeping. There, she works the miracle of rebirth, sculpting her lost husband anew from the chosen one's flesh and Kurnous' spirit. On the following morning, the chosen one emerges from the Oak's embrace, a mortal Elf no longer, but reborn as Orion, God-King of Athel Loren.
When chosen as starting lord:
- Additional Starting Units
- Enables the unique Wild Hunt event
- Upkeep and Recruitment cost: -15% for all Calvary units
- Leadership: +10 during forest battles
- Elite forest spirit units cost Amber to recruit
- +8 Charge Bonus Wild Riders
- +20% WS Wild Riders
- ↑ Anti-Infantry: Anti-infantry units have an advantage against targets that are smaller than a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against small targets, superior weight used to smash through lighter enemies, or an explosive attack from range that effects a large area.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Forest Stalker: The Elves of Athel Loren gain bonuses to melee defence and accuracy while fighting within the forest.
- ↑ Causes Terror: This unit can cause terror, making its melee target rout for a short time. Units that cause terror are immune to terror and fear themselves.
Click here to add a strategy!With the sole exception of Alith Anar, Orion is the best ranged Legendary Lord in the game. Use his ranged attacks to soften up anti-large units that could threaten him, and then finish off enemies in melee when needed.