Plagues are a gameplay mechanic which occur in campaign mode in the Total War: Warhammer series.
Norsca[edit | edit source]
When playing Norsca and gaining max allegiance with the Crow, a plague will affect the campaign map.
- Randomly affects many settlements on the campaign map
- Any army passing through these local regions will suffer attrition
- Causes chaos corruption.
Skaven[edit | edit source]
In Total War: Warhammer II, Skaven factions can spread plague using the special Pestilent Scheme Priest hero unit, who is summoned via The Pestilent Scheme rite. He can choose to spread plague to a single settlement before dying.
Each turn, there is a chance that the plague will spread, to infect a neighbouring settlement.
If an army ends its turn in the local region of an infected settlement, there is a chance the plague will infect the army.
If an army attacks an infected settlement, the army has a chance to become infected.
If an infected army moves to a settlement, the settlement becomes infected.
Each turn, each infected army or settlement has a chance to be cured. On average, an army/settlement will be infected for 6 turns. However, if plagues keep spreading around then they can in theory last indefinitely, though statistically this chance is very small.
Infected settlements suffer the following effects:
Infected armies suffer the following effects:
Clan Pestilens Tweaks[edit | edit source]
Clan Pestilens has received a few nuggets of plaguey goodness to spice up their campaign as of the Potion of Speed Update:
- Clan Pestilens now unlocks the Rite of Pestilence when constructing a Pox Cauldron instead of a Pestilent Nave
- -15 turn cooldown on the Rite of Pestilence
- Clan Pestilens now enjoys uniquely large benefits for spreading plagues to their own forces and cities, granting growth and economic benefits for cities and powerful combat bonuses for forces
- Clan Pestilens now has access to a special Under Empire building that continuously spawns a plague in the settlement above
- New faction effect: Chance of a plague spreading +50%
Lizardmen[edit | edit source]
Note that the power of Lizardmen commandments increases and decreases depending on the Geomantic Web. As such, the actual amounts that plagues are reduced by changes.