Red Crested Skink Chief is a Lizardmen lord in Total War: Warhammer II. Marked for greatness amidst an already-blessed spawning, these Skink Chiefs are the leaders of their red crested legions.
Within Lizardmen society, the quick-witted, swift-moving Skinks are the administrators and craftsmen - the workers, you might say. As is common among the Slann, certian spawnings are - for reasons unclear - faster, stronger, sharper and brighter than their peers. Such is the case of the Red Crested Skinks, who first emerged at the temple-city of Chaqua before it was attacked and overrun by a particularly vicious horde of plague-bearing skaven, and it was the Red Crested Skinks who subsequently heeded Tehenhauin's call and flocked to the Prophet's banner in service of the coming Serpent-God, Sotek. As the survivors of the slaughter and the plague that followed it fanned out across Lustria, they brought word of the Prophecy of Sotek to all Lizardmen, urging them on to total war against Skavenkind and proclaiming that the sacrifice of any rat spawn would invoke the Serpent-God and hasten his blessed arrival.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Poison Attacks: The poisonous attacks of this unit weaken the target's speed, damage, and vigour. Applies the Poison! debuff.
- ↑ Aquatic: Where other units of small stature struggle to fight and move in shallow water, Aquatic units excel.
- ↑ Frenzy: Units with frenzy cause more damage while their leadership is high.
Click here to add a strategy!
The Chief brings a good amount of combat prowess to the battlefield, with high armor piercing and anti-large damage. Poison attacks and Frenzy also help tip combat situations in the Lord's favor. He is also the cheapest of the Lizardmen Lords, allowing you to invest your funds elsewhere in your army.