Why content is removed[edit | edit source]
During the course of the Total War: Warhammer games, downloadable content is released. In most of the cases the content comes in form of new Lords and new Factions. This can result in the new faction taking the location of an old one, replacing it. An example of this is when Doomsayers Update released with The Prophet and the Warlock DLC. In the Mortal Empires map, the faction of Xlanhuapec got replaced by the new Cult of Sotek.
While the removal of a generic lord such as Rinki in favor of adding an actual established Warhammer lore character probably does not bother many at all, this page still exists as a form of documentation of what has been taken out of the game over the years.
List of removed factions:[edit | edit source]
Note that these were all minor NPC factions. No playable factions have been removed.
- Necksnappers, a minor Greenskins faction which was replaced when Crooked Moon was added as a faction with The King and the Warlord DLC.
- Karak Izor, a minor Dwarf faction which was replaced when Clan Angrund was added as a faction with The King and the Warlord DLC.
- Orcs of the Bloody Hand, a minor Greenskins faction which was replaced when The Bloody Handz was added as a faction with the free update October 2016.
- Schwartzhafen, a minor Vampire Count faction which was replaced when Von Carstein was added as a faction with the Bretonnia update February 2017.
- Strygos Empire, a minor Vampire Count faction which was replaced when the Tomb Kings factions were added to the game with the Rise of the Tomb Kings DLC. This is only applicable to the Eye of the Vortex campaign as they are still left in the Mortal Empires campaign. Note: As of the Potion of Speed Update they can appear in the Vortex campaign if you are playing as Chevaliers de Lyonesse.
- Xlanhuapec, a minor Lizardmen faction which was replaced when Cult of Sotek was added as a faction with The Prophet and the Warlock DLC. This is only applicable to the Mortal Empires campaign as they are still left in the Eye of the Vortex campaign.
- Thegan's Errantry, a minor Bretonnia faction which was replaced by Strygos Empire in the Potion of Speed Update December 2019. Note: this is only applicable to campaigns playing as Chevaliers de Lyonesse.
List of removed lords:[edit | edit source]
Note that these were all generic NPC lords. No playable lords have been removed.
- Markus von Sinckler was a generic Vampire Counts lord leading the Schwartzhafen faction until it was replaced by Vlad von Carstein and the Von Carstein faction.
- Waldakir Helsnicht was a generic Vampire Counts lord for the Vampire Coast before they were made into a playable faction lead by Luthor Harkon with the release of the Aye-Aye! Patch.
- Gregor Solmann was a generic Empire lord for the Pirates of Sartosa before they were made into a playable faction lead by Aranessa Saltspite with the release of the Aye-Aye! Patch.
- Toc-chicc, a generic Slann Mage-Priest lord for the Tlaxtlan faction, was replaced by Sworp'lot with the release of the Doomsayers Update. Since then, a generic Saurus Old-Blood has been seen leading an Itza army with the name of Toc-chicc.
- Obscide, a generic lord for the Clan Skryre faction. Was replaced by Ikit Claw when Clan Skryre was made a playable faction in The Prophet and the Warlock.
- Philipp Billings, a generic lord for the New World Colonies faction. Was replaced by Helmut Nussbacker as a part of The Empire Undivided Update September 2019.
- Rinki, a generic lord for the Itza faction. Was replaced by Gor-Rok when Itza was made a playable faction in The Hunter and the Beast, being added as free content
- Andreas Leonardus, a generic lord for the Sudenburg faction. Was replaced by Theon Holz in The Empire Undivided Update.
List of removed cities:[edit | edit source]
- Helmgart, while not technically removed, got replaced by Ubersreik as a city in the Reikland province. Helmgart now exists as Fortress Gates to the Bretonnian border.
List of removed gameplay systems:[edit | edit source]
- The Offices system for The Empire was removed in the The Empire Undivided Update, to be replaced with the new Elector Counts system. However, the Vampire Coast and the Wood Elves still retain their versions of the Offices system.
List of removed (changed) names:[edit | edit source]
With the Potion of Speed Update several of the factions with generic names such as the Empire had their names changed to something more unique and fitting for them. As such, the previous names are removed. Note that these only affect the "main" faction (with generic names) of these races, so factions like Bordeleaux won't have their names changed.
- The Empire -> Reikland
- Dwarfs -> Karaz-a-Karak
- Norsca -> World Walkers
- Vampire Counts -> Sylvania
- Bretonnia -> Couronne
- Wood Elves -> Talsyn
- Greenskins -> Black Crag
- Vampire Coast -> The Awakened
Treasure Hunt Dilemmas[edit | edit source]
- The original dilemmas that used to appear during Treasure hunts were replaced with the release of the Aye-Aye! Patch. The list of removed dilemmas can be found here.
- The original dilemmas would present you with a few choices with no indication of what might happen, and contained a lot of negative consequences for picking the wrong choice. They were all replaced with the new puzzle solving treasure hunts.