How they work[edit | edit source]
In the campaign, each of the 4 races (divided into 8 playable factions) has a set of rituals they can perform to influence the Great Vortex. This is one method of winning the campaign.
Rituals progress in a linear fashion, one after the other. During a ritual, 3 of your settlements funnel magic across the map to the Great Vortex. A successful attack on any of these settlements will cause the ritual to fail if the settlement is not retaked or recolonized in before it ends. Rituals can take up to 10 turns to finish, so the settlements must be protected from Warriors of Chaos, Unknown Skaven Clan, and Norscan Tribes factions who will spawn nearby, and from enemy Intervention armies.
Each completed ritual will cause an animated cutscene to play, and provide some story mission/content.
Eventually, players will have to complete The Final Battle.
Ritual currency[edit | edit source]
Each ritual has an increasing cost of ritual currency, and has different effects. Ritual currency is generated through settlements, treasure hunts and other dilemmas, winning battles and also through ritual resource sites. The ritual currency is different for each race:
- Skaven - Warpstone
- Lizardmen - Ancient Plaques
- Dark Elves - Scrolls of Hekarti
- High Elves - Way-fragments
Interventions[edit | edit source]
Intervention armies can be summoned while another faction is in the middle of performing a ritual. These armies are AI controlled and generally attack the enemy settlements involved in their ritual. Interventions come in 3 levels, which cost different amounts.
See below for faction pages:
List of rituals[edit | edit source]
Enemy faction spawns[edit | edit source]
These factions will spawn when a faction begins a ritual, and attack that faction:
- Warband of the Crow (Will spawn vs. Skaven)
- Warband of the Eagle (Will spawn vs. High Elves)
- Warband of the Hound (Will spawn vs. Dark Elves)
- Warband of the Serpent (Will spawn vs. Lizardmen)
Warriors of Chaos:
- Followers of Chaos (Will spawn vs. Skaven)
- Puppets of Chaos (Will spawn vs. High Elves)
- Servants to Chaos (Will spawn vs. Dark Elves)
- Vessels of Chaos (Will spawn vs. Lizardmen)
Cutscenes[edit | edit source]