Overview[edit | edit source]
Rogue armies are warbands of desperate outlaws, and are often comprised of unusual combinations of troops. Rogue armies will appear from time to time, and will eventually seek to establish a permanent presence on the campaign map by colonizing a ruin or assaulting an occupied settlement.
Unit roster[edit | edit source]
The various different Rogue Armies factions have different unit rosters. This often includes units from several different races. For instance, Vashnaar's Conquest can recruit units from both Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors rosters, while Pirates of the Far Sea can recruit units from The Empire and Bretonnia. See each individual Rogue Armies faction page for details on which units they can recruit.
Buildings[edit | edit source]
How to deal with Rogue Armies[edit | edit source]
One strategy is to destroy them as soon as they appear. For example with a guardian army patrolling around your settlements.
Rogue Armies List[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Bernhoff's Brigands
- Black Spider Tribe
- Boneclubbers Tribe
- Celestial Storm
- College of Pyrotechnics
- Gerhardt's Mercenaries
- Heirs of Mourkain
- Hung Warband
- Hunters of Kurnous
- Jerrod's Errantry Army
- Mangy Houndz
- Mengil's Manflayers
- Morrslieb's Howlers
- Pirates of the Far Sea
- Pirates of the Southern Ocean
- Pirates of Trantio
- Remnants of Bregonne
- Scions of Tesseninck
- Tor Elithis Refugees
- Vashnaar's Conquest
- Vaul's Expedition
- The Wandering Dead
- Worldroot Rangers
- Wrath of Nature
Books of Nagash[edit | edit source]
Rogue Pirates List[edit | edit source]
Pieces of Eight[edit | edit source]
- Bleak Coast Buccaneers
- The Boyz of the Forbidden Coast
- The Churning Gulf Raiders
- Freebooters of Port Royale
- Grey Point Scuttlers
- The Terrors of the Dark Straits
- The Tyrants of the Black Ocean
The Star-Metal Harpoon[edit | edit source]
Additionally, this army will appear and not move from it's location when playing as a Vampire Coast faction, and defeating them will allow you to obtain the Star-Metal Harpoon, which is required for campaign victory.
Verse of the Sea Shanty[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All Rogue armies use the same background for their crest, but the icons on them vary. Most of these icons were taken from existing minor factions.
- Rogue Armies start out as roaming hordes. However, if they conquer a settlement they can settle down to become a regular faction that constructs buildings in settlements.
- The Aye-Aye! Patch introduced new Rogue Pirates which use a blue or teal line in their background instead a red one like regular Rogue Armies.
- Rogue armies typically appear in sparsely-populated terrain.
- Rogue armies will typically not be immediately be hostile, but will cause disruption by Raiding lands they move across.