Sepulchral Stalkers is a Tomb Kings ranged infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer II: Rise of the Tomb Kings. These sentinels mark the borders of the Tomb Kings' realm, submerged in the sand, waiting to strike at the unsuspecting.
Sepulchral Stalkers are massive, reanimated sentinels created by the ancient Nehekharans to delineate the borders of a king's realm. Over the centuries, they have been swallowed by the shifting sands of the desert, and they now lie hidden beneath the dunes. Sepulchral Stalkers are statues that have the body of a snake and the upper torso of a man. Atop the statues' curved spines sit inhuman skulls, inside which glow eerie, baleful lights. Lying beneath the surface of the desert, they wait for intruders to pass by before launching a devastating ambush. When the trap is sprung, several horrifying, snake-like forms burst from the ground to surround their prey. The Sepulchral Stalkers impale their foes on ornate staves before they even realize they are under attack. However, it is not for the skill with which they wield these weapons that Sepulchral Stalkers are so feared, for those who gaze into their eyes are turned into pillars of sand, standing as still as statues until a gust of wind blows them apart and scatters the grains into the desert. To literally look upon a Sepulchral is to look to your own death.
- ↑ Stalk: This unit can move hidden in any terrain.
- ↑ Anti-Large: Anti-large units have an advantage against targets that are at least as large as a horse. This advantage can be a damage bonus against large targets or an attack that focuses on a very small area. However, some units are simply better against large targets because their attacks are slow and easy to dodge by skilled melee combatants.
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
As of the Potion of Speed Update, these constcuts were given stronger ranged attacks as well as the stalk ability. This allows them to be a true backline anti-large unit that can shut down flanking attempts or monsters rampaging through the front line. Their ranged attacks also means they can unleash a damaging salvo on a unit they catch out, their range is still rather short, but these stalkers should be kept close to the action anyways.