Overview[edit | edit source]
Sigmar is the patron god of the Empire and is mainly worshipped by the Cult of Sigmar but is a popular deity among most of the Empire's denizens. In the Total War: Warhammer games Sigmar is often referred to.
Background[edit | edit source]
"In the time before time. Orcs roamed the land. All was darkness. It was a time of woes. It was a time of doom. It was a time of wolves. Mankind was prey. They looked to the sky. Cried to the gods: deliver us. And the gods answered. Into the darkness came a light. A torch of the gods. A dragon with two tails. Flying in the sky by night. One looked to another. What can this sign mean. Orcs grew fearful. Wolves slunk to their lairs."
- —The Legend of Sigmar
[edit | edit source]
- Karl Franz is the Emperor of the Empire, and wields Ghal Maraz, a mighty warhammer once wielded by Sigmar himself.
- Volkmar the Grim is the Grand Theogonist of the Cult of Sigmar.
- Arch Lectors and Warrior Priests are members of the Cult of Sigmar.
- Witch Hunters are employed by the Cult of Sigmar to root out evil and corruption.
- Archaon the Everchosen was once a Templar of Sigmar.
- Sigmar's Sons is a regiment of state troops with fierce devotion to Sigmar.