Prince Sigvald the Magnificent
Prince Sigvald the Magnificent
Prince Sigvald the Magnificent is a Warriors of Chaos legendary lord unit introduced in Total War: Warhammer. Unblemished, frozen in time, pristine - the skin-deep appearance of Sigvald belies a twisted, corrupted, vicious soul, hungry for destruction.
Description[edit | edit source]
Though he appears to be little more than sixteen summers of age, Sigvald the Magnificent has blighted the world for over three hundred years. The personification of beauty on the outside, but rot within, Sigvald rides at the head of an army of utterly devoted followers who would give their lives for him without a second thought. His elite bodyguard bear mirrored shields so that Sigvald might bask in his own divine glory, and dozens of exotic females attend to his every whim and desire. Such are the depths of Sigvald's self-obsession that he will even call his retainers to attend him with their mirrors in the midst of battle, preening and murmuring compliments to himself as men plunge into battle and die all around him.
Strengths & Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armoured & Shielded: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage. Shields have a chance of blocking arrows, bolts, rifle shots and similar small arms fire - but only in a forward facing arc.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against All: When standing and bracing against a charge this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
- ↑ Duellist: This unit is best used to attack individual targets such as Lords or Heroes. As it can only damage very few individuals at a time, it is not suitable against hordes of weak enemies.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Campaign Effects[edit | edit source]
When chosen as starting lord:
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sigvald is a somewhat easy character to gloss over compared to the other Chaos Legendary Lords which are more powerful, provide more utility, or both. However, Sigvald does have his benefits. First, he is a remarkable duelist. Even better, he is a remarkable duelist with items that provide regeneration. The one obvious downside is that he lacks a mount, meaning that if he is winning a duel against a mounted enemy Lord, they can just run away from him. Sigvald is a good Lord to bring if you want a competent Lord that can fend for himself and is difficult to snipe. Enemy missiles and monsters will have a hard time singling him out as he is on foot. Given that many of the other Chaos Lords are vulnerable to sniping, Sigvald is a conservative response to that tactic.
From a campaign perspective, the +15 Leadership when fighting humans is nothing to scoff at, but the +15 armor for all characters makes them all a good bit more survivable in combat. The bonus to horde growth is pretty good, as that is one of the biggest things that will slow down your campaign. His bonuses to Marauders are mediocre, especially because you will want to phase them out for Chaos Warriors and Chosen as quickly as possible. Although the upkeep bonus does make the early game more manageable and recruit rank helps Marauders be slightly more combat effective than normal. The fact that he starts with some Chosen and an artillery piece makes his army quite powerful in the early game.