Spirit of the Jungle
Spirit of the Jungle
Spirit of the Jungle is a playable faction of Lizardmen led by Nakai the Wanderer. They were added as a playable faction in the The Empire Undivided Update, and require The Hunter and the Beast DLC in order to play.
They are the first Horde faction for the Lizardmen.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Lizardmen gameplay. See the main Lizardmen page for more details.
- Units: In battle, Lizardmen have strong melee units, powerful magic users, and many monsters. However, their ranged units are just average.
- Blessed Spawnings: These are elite Lizardmen units in limited supply, similar to Regiments of Renown.
- Rampage: Overall, Lizardmen have good leadership. However, many of their units can potentially rampage and go out of control in battle.
- Rites: Lizardmen can perform several rites in campaign to bolster themselves or recruit Slann Mage-Priests.
- Astromancy Stance: A unique army stance which increases map vision and ambush chance.
- Lord Kroak: Lizardmen factions can embark on a quest to recruit the unique hero Lord Kroak.
In battle[edit | edit source]
In campaign[edit | edit source]
- Nakai operates as a horde faction. When he conquers settlements he gets the option to dedicate a temple to three different Old Ones. This provides a unique resource: Old One's Favour, and various buffs based on how many temples he has dedicated to that specific Old One.
- The settlement will then be occupied by the Defenders of the Great Plan faction, a permanent vassal to Nakai.
- Nakai's rites are also different from traditional Lizardmen factions as they relate to his vassal, such as providing an army of non-replenishing Blessed Spawnings units or providing line of sight over their territory. Notably, he retains the Rite of Awakening to access Slann
- His primary objective is hunting the 4 unique hunters from the Huntsmarshal's Expedition faction and eventually drawing out Markus Wulfhart into a final battle.
- These hunters are scattered around Lustria embedded in settlements owned by the Huntsmarshal's Expedition.
- Starts at war with Clan Mange.
Legendary lord choices[edit | edit source]
- Nakai the Wanderer - an extremely powerful melee lord.
Unique faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Jungle Nexus: Nakai's horde unlocks units, while other hordes in the faction use global recruitment to get access to them.
- Spawnings of the Ancients: Nakai's vassals occupy the settlements conquered. More settlements controlled come with increasing rewards.
- Recruit rank +3 for Kroxigor Ancient.
Nakai lord effects[edit | edit source]
- Melee defence +5 for Kroxigors and Sacred Kroxigor.
- Recruitment cost -10% for Kroxigors and Sacred Kroxigors.
- Starts with Kroxigors and Sacred Kroxigors.
Starting position[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex campaign
- Mortal Empires campaign
- When not playing as Nakai in Mortal Empires, he starts in Lustria. This is apparently due to the fact that his presence messed up the balance of Norsca.
Victory objectives[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Mortal Empires
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In Mortal Empires, one should take over Albion and can then decide to go wherever they please. Norsca is an obvious target, in which case it is best to research immunity to snow and chaos attrition technologies first. Another option is the Empire or Ulthuan. However, Nakai's campaign is truly for a wanderer who wants to seek out and destroy the enemies of the Lizardmen.