Strygos Empire is a Vampire Counts faction introduced in Total War: Warhammer II. It is led by Ushoran and can be found on the northern shores of Araby. It was removed with the release of the Rise of the Tomb Kings, presumably to make place for the Tomb Kings factions. However, with the Potion of Speed Update the faction can be encountered when playing as Chevaliers de Lyonesse. In that case the vampires have taken the place of Thegan's Errantry.
Strygos (sometimes spelled Strigos) was a Human empire built within the Strigos Valley by the mad shaman Kadon, then ruled by the Strigoi Vampires from the city Mourkain, before it fell to the machinations of Neferata and the onslaught of Greenskins.
- Land of the Dead (Zandri only)
- Coast of Araby (Al-Haikk and Martek)
- Land of the Dead (Black Pyramid of Nagash and Zandri only)
- The Black Pyramid of Nagash was taken over by The Sentinels.
- Zandri became ruins.
- The Great Desert (Black Tower of Arkhan and Pools of Despair only)
- These settlements were taken over by the Rakaph Dynasty.
- To date, they are the only faction to be removed from the Eye of the Vortex campaign. However, they still appear in Mortal Empires, making them one of the very few factions that are exclusive to Mortal Empires. As of the Potion of Speed Update, this is not really true as they appear in the Vortex campaign if you are playing as Chevaliers de Lyonesse.
- They originally controlled parts of the Land of the Dead and The Great Desert in the Eye of the Vortex campaign, but they lost all their settlements when the Tomb Kings factions were added to the game. It is unclear why they weren't able to keep Zandri, as it was converted into Ruins instead of being in the control of a new Tomb King faction.
- Now all they have is a single settlement in Land of the Dead for the Mortal Empires campaign.
- This faction has a predilection towards recruiting Strigoi Vampire Lords