Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Blessed Dread
The Blessed Dread
The Blessed Dread is a playable Dark Elves subfaction in Total War: Warhammer II, led by Lokhir Fellheart. They were introduced as a free DLC as part of Aye-Aye! Patch, which released alongside Curse of the Vampire Coast. A faction of Dark Elf raiders and pirates, they are playable in campaign, custom battles and multiplayer.
The Blessed Dread and Lokhir Fellheart can be downloaded free here on Steam.
Background[edit | edit source]
Lokhir Fellheart, the Krakenlord of Karond Kar, is loosed upon the world! The latest and most notorious of his line, he plies the coastlines and seaways of the world, plundering ports and settlements for their riches and enslaving their inhabitants.
How they Play[edit | edit source]
For general information about Dark Elves, see that page.
- Units: Dark Elves unit roster is fairly well-rounded, with a focus on elite infantry and cavalry, backed up by hydras and spellcasters.
- Murderous Prowess: In battle, Dark Elf armies gain extra bonuses after inflicting a certain amount of damage.
- Slaves: In campaign, Dark Elves gather the slaves resource, which boosts the economy at the expense of public order.
- Black Arks: These are powerful naval units which can be used to recruit armies at sea.
- Names of Power: Dark Elf lords can acquire different Names of Power which have varying effects.
- Loyalty: Dark Elf lords have a loyalty stat, which can cause them to rebel, taking their army with them. High Loyalty lords can offer items.
- Sword of Khaine: As a Dark Elf faction, The Blessed Dread can draw the Sword of Khaine.
In Battle[edit | edit source]
The Blessed Dread uses the Dark Elves unit roster.
In Campaign[edit | edit source]
Legendary Lord Choices[edit | edit source]
- Lokhir Fellheart - a renowned duelist and raider.
Faction Effects[edit | edit source]
- +50% income from Slave Pens and Slave Markets (faction wide).
- Suitable climate: Jungle
- Suitable climate: Savannah
- Every owned Major Port allows recruitment of a Black Ark
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
- Suitable: Frozen, Savannah, Jungle, Island
- Unpleasant: Temperate, Chaos Wasteland
- Uninhabitable: Wasteland, Ocean, Mountain, Desert, Magical Forest
Black Arks[edit | edit source]
Sacrifice to Anath Raema[edit | edit source]
In place of the usual Dark Elf Black Ark rite (Sacrifice to Mathlann), he can perform a Sacrifice to Anath Raema, granting Black Ark Corsairs the Cause Fear and Stalk traits plus bonus AP missile damage, and conferring bonus armour for Kharibdysses.
Starting Territory[edit | edit source]
- Culchan Plains (Chupayotl only)
- Headhunter's Jungle (Chupayotl only)
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Mortal Empires Short Campaign
- Mortal Empires Long Campaign
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Diplomatic traits as an AI faction:
- Eye of the Vortex
- Mortal Empires
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a general strategy it would be recommended to use your Black Ark as your main source of troop recruitment. They are mobile and even with the most modest upgrades can provide Corsairs, which can become fearsome opponents if you use the unique rite of this faction. Black Arks also allow you to support your troops with magic artillery, resupply troops and recruit additional troops while in hostile territory. There are a vital part of this strategy for this faction.
For the Eye of the Vortex campaign it would be recommended to link up with other Dark Elves factions and try to arrange trade agreements, alliances and even confederation, as there are no other Dark Elves near your starting location. For this, try to send a lord or agent to Naggaroth as soon as possible while you conquer Lustria. Be aware of skaven corruption and keep in mind that latter in the game the Skaven will become your enemy. The Lizardmen factions will be your main opponent during most of the campaign and Lybaras will be your most likely ally, although it might capture strategic scroll producing locations before you.