The Blessed Dread
The Blessed Dread
The Blessed Dread is a playable Dark Elves subfaction in Total War: Warhammer II, led by Lokhir Fellheart. They were introduced as a free DLC as part of Aye-Aye! Patch, which released alongside Curse of the Vampire Coast. A faction of Dark Elf raiders and pirates, they are playable in campaign, custom battles and multiplayer.
The Blessed Dread and Lokhir Fellheart can be downloaded free here on Steam.
Background[edit | edit source]
Lokhir Fellheart, the Krakenlord of Karond Kar, is loosed upon the world! The latest and most notorious of his line, he plies the coastlines and seaways of the world, plundering ports and settlements for their riches and enslaving their inhabitants.
How they Play[edit | edit source]
For general information about Dark Elves, see that page.
- Units: Dark Elves unit roster is fairly well-rounded, with a focus on elite infantry and cavalry, backed up by hydras and spellcasters.
- Murderous Prowess: In battle, Dark Elf armies gain extra bonuses after inflicting a certain amount of damage.
- Slaves: In campaign, Dark Elves gather the slaves resource, which boosts the economy at the expense of public order.
- Black Arks: These are powerful naval units which can be used to recruit armies at sea.
- Names of Power: Dark Elf lords can acquire different Names of Power which have varying effects.
- Loyalty: Dark Elf lords have a loyalty stat, which can cause them to rebel, taking their army with them. High Loyalty lords can offer items.
- Sword of Khaine: As a Dark Elf faction, The Blessed Dread can draw the Sword of Khaine.
In Battle[edit | edit source]
The Blessed Dread uses the Dark Elves unit roster.
In Campaign[edit | edit source]
Legendary Lord Choices[edit | edit source]
- Lokhir Fellheart - a renowned duelist and raider.
Faction Effects[edit | edit source]
- +50% income from Slave Pens and Slave Markets (faction wide).
- Suitable climate: Jungle
- Suitable climate: Savannah
- Every owned Major Port allows recruitment of a Black Ark
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
Black Arks[edit | edit source]
Sacrifice to Anath Raema[edit | edit source]
In place of the usual Dark Elf Black Ark rite (Sacrifice to Mathlann), he can perform a Sacrifice to Anath Raema, granting Black Ark Corsairs the Cause Fear and Stalk traits plus bonus AP missile damage, and conferring bonus armour for Kharibdysses.
Starting Territory[edit | edit source]
- Culchan Plains (Chupayotl only)
- Headhunter's Jungle (Chupayotl only)
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Mortal Empires Short Campaign
- Mortal Empires Long Campaign
Strategy[edit | edit source]