The Golden Order
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Total War: WARHAMMER Wiki by .|
The Golden Order
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Empire gameplay:
- Units: The Empire have an extremely large and diverse roster with almost every unit type represented. Infantry form the core of their army, backed up by strong cavalry and artillery.
- Regiments of Renown: These are unique, more-powerful versions of regular Empire units.
- Imperial Authority: Develop authority within the empire by engaging in internal politics and quelling problems to enforce confederation, vassalage or war.
- Summon the Elector Counts: Secure the fealty of the Empire's lords to govern or take over by force, assigning new, more loyal Elector Counts
- Colleges of Magic: The Empire can recruit 7 different kinds of spellcaster heroes, who have access to a total of 42 spells – the most of any faction.
Background[edit | edit source]
Balthasar Gelt has been sent by Karl Franz to restore order in the Southern border of the Empire. There was a province called Solland there that has long been destroyed, Gelt is tasked with protecting the border and recreating the county.
In battle[edit | edit source]
The Golden Order play like a regular Empire faction in battle. See the Empire unit roster for details.
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Legendary Lord choices[edit | edit source]
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences for The Golden Order:
- Habitable: temperate, desert, savannah, mountain
- Unpleasant: jungle, temperate island
- Uninhabitable: chaos waste, wasteland, magical forest, frozen, ocean
Start locations[edit | edit source]
Victory conditions[edit | edit source]
- Short campaign
- Long campaign
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Starting agreements[edit | edit source]
- War with Black Venom
Elector Trait[edit | edit source]
Gelt starts off as the Elector Count of Solland, granting him the following buffs:
- -5% Upkeep for Crossbowmen and Spearmen units (Lord's army)
- +1 Local recruitment capacity (all provinces)
- Attribute: Vanguard Deployment
- -5% Upkeep for Imperial Supply units
- Grudge Settler Runefang
Strategy[edit | edit source]