The Golden Order
The Golden Order
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Empire is the largest human nation in the Old World. They are a proud country built on steel, gunpowder and faith in their patron god Sigmar. They are based on the real world Holy Roman Empire during the 16th and 17th centuries. Their army combines Spearmen, Knights and Cannons with fantasy elements such as Battle Wizards, Steam Tanks and Griffons.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Empire gameplay:
- Units: The Empire have an extremely large and diverse roster with almost every unit type represented. Infantry form the core of their army, backed up by strong cavalry and artillery.
- Regiments of Renown: These are unique, more-powerful versions of regular Empire units.
- Imperial Authority: Develop authority within the empire by engaging in internal politics and quelling problems to enforce confederation, vassalage or war.
- Summon the Elector Counts: Secure the fealty of the Empire's lords to govern or take over by force, assigning new, more loyal Elector Counts
- Colleges of Magic: The Empire can recruit 7 different kinds of spellcaster heroes, who have access to a total of 42 spells – the most of any faction.
Background[edit | edit source]
|“||The way of fire is nothing compared to the fluid power of metal!||„|
The Golden Order is an arm of the Colleges of Magic dedicated to the study of alchemy and the Lore of Metal. Their Supreme Patriarch, Balthasar Gelt, is a fiercely intelligent and powerful battle Wizard who was served the Empire well in the past.
He has been sent by Karl Franz to restore order in the southern border of the Empire. There was a province called Solland there that has long been destroyed, and Gelt is tasked with protecting the border and recreating the county.
In battle[edit | edit source]
The Golden Order plays like a regular Empire faction in battle. See the Empire unit roster for details.
In campaign[edit | edit source]
Legendary Lord choices[edit | edit source]
Faction effects[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences[edit | edit source]
Climate preferences for The Golden Order:
- Habitable: temperate, desert, savannah, mountain
- Unpleasant: jungle, temperate island
- Uninhabitable: chaos waste, wasteland, magical forest, frozen, ocean
Start locations[edit | edit source]
Victory conditions[edit | edit source]
- Short campaign
- Long campaign
Diplomacy[edit | edit source]
Starting agreements[edit | edit source]
- War with Black Venom
Elector Trait[edit | edit source]
Gelt starts off as the Elector Count of Solland, granting him the following buffs:
- -5% Upkeep for Crossbowmen and Spearmen units (Lord's army)
- +1 Local recruitment capacity (all provinces)
- Attribute: Vanguard Deployment
- -5% Upkeep for Imperial Supply units
- Grudge Settler Runefang
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- In-game text