Thegan's Errantry is a Bretonnia faction introduced in Total War: Warhammer II. It is led by Baron Thegan and can be found in the northern parts of Araby, in the northwestern Southlands. There are two other Bretonnians factions close by, the Knights of the Flame and the Knights of Origo.
Coming all the way from Bretonnia, these knights are part of a grand crusade against the warlords of Araby. Having saved Estalia from the Arabyans, the noble knights wanted to put a stop to the terrible deeds of the sorcerer Jaffar. After having sacked several of his cities and established control in Araby, the crusaders of Thegan's Errantry are a part of those who remained.
- Eye of the Vortex campaign
- Coast of Araby (in control of Al-Haikk and Martek, the rest controlled by allied factions)
- Mortal Empires campaign
- Coast of Araby (in control of Al-Haikk, the rest controlled by allied faction)
Playing as a Bretonnian in the Mortal Empires campaign you can try to assist them in their Errantry wars against the Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts factions in Araby. It might be hard to save all of the three crusader factions since the Knights of the Flame often get overwhelmed by Followers of Nagash relatively quickly, but the other two should survive and might even win against their enemies. Furthermore, there are technologies you can research as Bretonnia to increase your standing with the crusading factions to be able to aid them even more.
- While playing as Chevaliers de Lyonesse, the crusaders of Thegan's Errantry are nowhere to be seen, having their usual territory occupied by Strygos Empire instead.
- Interestingly, looking through the "relations history" with Strygos Empire while playing as Repanse, you can see that they condemn your relationship with Thegan's Errantry even though they aren't in the game.
- The faction was named "Thegan's Crusaders" in the pre-release builds of Total War: Warhammer II but got the current name at launch. You can still see the previous name in the game files and when you are in the "battle screen" (in which you choose whether to auto-resolve, fight or retreat) with the faction. See the screenshot below.
The faction's previous name can still be found in game.