Previously, they were a minor, non-playable faction.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Lizardmen gameplay. See the main Lizardmen page for more details.
- Units: In battle, Lizardmen have strong melee units, powerful magic users, and many monsters. However, their ranged units are just average.
- Blessed Spawnings: These are elite Lizardmen units in limited supply, similar to Regiments of Renown.
- Rampage: Overall, Lizardmen have good leadership. However, many of their units can potentially rampage and go out of control in battle.
- Rites: Lizardmen can perform several rites in campaign to bolster themselves or recruit Slann Mage-Priests.
- Astromancy Stance: A unique army stance which increases map vision and ambush chance.
- Geomantic Web: Lizardmen settlements are linked by the magical Geomantic Web which makes their commandments more powerful.
- Lord Kroak: Lizardmen factions can embark on a quest to recruit the unique hero Lord Kroak.
In battle[edit | edit source]
Tlaqua play similarly to other Lizardmen factions, aside from a few different abilities on Terradons.
In campaign[edit | edit source]
The information listed here is specific to Tlaqua. For more general information on Lizardmen campaign mechanics, see the main Lizardmen page.
Legendary lord choices[edit | edit source]
Unique faction effects[edit | edit source]
- Skink Chiefs and Skink Priests have immediate access to a Terradon mount.
- All characters gain 25% to their campaign line-of-sight
- The unique Rite of Tzunki, when performed, immediately resets the campaign movement range of all Tlaqua’s armies and characters
- Terradons gain a unique ability in battle: Drop Rocks of Chotec, in addition the normal Drop Rocks
Rite of Tzunki[edit | edit source]
The Rite of Tzunki replaces the Rite of Sotek for Tlaqua. It resets campaign movement range for all Tlaqua's amries and characters. It can be extremely useful for getting out of, or into, strategically advantageous situations. This is similar to how Har Ganeth has the Sacrifice to Drakira, which replaces the regular Dark Elves Sacrifice to Hekarti.
Tiktaq'to lord effects[edit | edit source]
- Upkeep -50% for Terradon Riders and Ripperdactyl Riders units (lord's army)
- Melee attack +10 when in foreign territory
Starting territory[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex campaign
- Western Jungles (Tlaqua only)
- Mortal Empires campaign
- Western Jungles (Tlaqua only)
Victory objectives[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Vortex
- Mortal Empires
- Maintain control of 14 provinces either through direct ownership or vassals and military allies, including the following: Land of Assassins, Land of the Dervishes, Great Desert of Araby, Land of the Dead, Great Mortis Delta Southlands Jungle, Kingdom of Beasts, Southern Badlands, Sartosa, Skavenblight
- Destroy the following factions: Clan Mors, Pirates of Sartosa, The Bloody Handz, Followers of Nagash
- Control any 8 of the following settlements: Couronne, Altdorf, Castle Drakenhof, Oak of Ages, Skavenblight, Kislev (settlement), Hell Pit, Karaz-a-Karak, Karak Eight Peaks, Black Crag, Lahmia, Khemri (settlement), Itza (settlement), Hexoatl (settlement), Naggarond (settlement), Lothern (settlement), Gaean Vale, The Awakening, The Galleon's Graveyard, Sartosa
- Ensure that Archaon the Everchosen is in a wounded state
- Same as above but 17 settlements instead of 8, and include Vampire Counts and Greenskins in the list of factions to destroy.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The main problem about Tlaqua's buildings is that you don't have any saurus' to recruit. I recommend trying to capture the rest of your province, and then build saurus barracks in the ruins right underneath your starting settlement. Or, if you want to have access to them right from the start, recruit a few terradons(their abilities are crucial in early game against Sudenburg) and then demolish the Terradon Hatchery and replace it with Saurus barracks afterwards. The battles against Sudenburg are really hard unless you have saurus', because their melee attack and defense are very weak compared to basic melee Sudenburg units. Also, try to confederate with other Lizardmen, especially Kroq-gar. (Just my own experience, but Kroq-Gar confederated with the other lizardmen every single game till turn 20, so I could then confederate with Kroq-Gar and own half of the Southern part at once) Oh, and one more thing- dont forget that your lord is much weaker in fights compared to basically any other lords, because hes on terradon and he's a skink.
TL;DR- Get Saurus barracks ASAP, or be purged by the humans overwhelming numbers and strong lords.