Total War: Warhammer III
Total War: Warhammer III (TWW3, WH3) is the planned third and final game in the Total War: Warhammer series, confirmed by Creative Assembly to be in development.
Development progress[edit | edit source]
As of March 2020, the game has not yet been released, and no release date has been announced.
Known features[edit | edit source]
- The game will be playable as a stand-alone title and feature its own self-contained main campaign.
- Those who own TWW1, TWW2 and TWW3 will be able to play a combined mega campaign currently called "A Very Big Campaign".
- CA has confirmed that they wish to implement all the main races of Warhammer Fantasy as playable factions by the end of the trilogy. This means that if the Chaos Daemons, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms do not appear as playable factions in TWW2, then they will appear in the third game.
- According to a Russian leak before the release of TWW1, the third game would feature four factions: Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch. This same leak listed Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms as DLC factions, along with Tomb Kings and Skaven. CA has stated this leak is very outdated, Skaven appeared as a base race of TWW2 while Tomb Kings appeared as a DLC for TWW2.
- During the announcement of pre-production July 2018 CA stated that the expansion would be "Total Chaos", this is expected to mean a heavy story focus on Chaos with the primary races introduced being Chaos Demons (possibly including sub factions or a hero for each god) and Chaos Dwarves.