Ungrim Ironfist is a Dwarfs melee infantry unit in Total War: Warhammer. His majestic helm has been worn by every Slayer King since the time of King Baragor!
There are few kinds of monsters that walk the world that Ungrim Ironfist has not slain in battle. Armed with the enormous Axe of Dargo, Ungrim deals death - carving a path of red ruin before him while singing songs of old in a booming voice. Atop his head is a bright orange crest that rises above a study horned helmet set with a golden crown. For Ungrim is both a Slayer and a King, more than likely the last of the line of Slayer Kings of Karak Kadrin. Although Ungrim cannot seek his death in Slayer fashion, he grows ever more restless, leading the throng of Karak Kadrin into countless battles. Inspired by his High King and seeking to avenge his slain son, Ungrim marches to war with the least provocation. It was Ungrim who slew the Dragon of Black Peak and who broke Queek Headtaker's siege of King Belegar's citadel in Karak Eight Peaks. The Slayer King has beaten Ogre mercenary Golgfag Maneater and held off a Chaos army in the Battle of High Pass. Most Dwarfs are amazed Ungrim has lived so long, and none think that a mighty death in battle can be very far away.
Campaign Effects (as starting lord)[edit | edit source]
- Additional Starting Units
- Lord Effects
- Upkeep: -50% for Slayers units
- Recruitment cost: -25% for Slayers units
- Speed: +10% for infantry units (all forces)
- ↑ Armour-Piercing: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Armoured: Armoured units can block damage from any source apart from Armour-Piercing damage.
- ↑ Charge Defence Against Large Foes: When standing and bracing against a charge of large enemies (such as cavalry or monsters) this unit will negate the enemy's charge bonus.
- ↑ Melee Expert: Melee Experts might have a very strong melee attack or melee defence, or high values in both. Some also have melee-focused skills like Charge Defence. Use them to counter other strong melee units. When facing them, it is best to take them out before they can enter melee.
Click here to add a strategy!