Description[edit | edit source]
Warp-Grinders are a smaller and more portable version of a much larger drilling machine first devised by Clan Skyre as a means to tunnel far more quickly than a horde of slaves could ever hope to achieve.
Some of these massive constructs are larger than the grandest ships of the Empire's navy. These huge devices combine great drills with warp energies to vaporise the broken debris as the machine bores. These rare machines are seldom, if ever, seen, but a portable version can be often found on the battlefield.
The more portable War-Grinder opens up tunnels. Projectors gleam with warp-energy, pulverising stone and leaving a narrow and smoking passageway in its wake. Small fast-moving units can follow the device, emerging behind enemy lines to cause untold disruption. But it is a perilous trip, as the newly-bored tunnels are prone to cave-ins and the machines can suffer catastrophic meltdowns. When the Warp-grinder breaks through the surface, it will stick with the unit it is attached to, even assisting in close combat. Without the comforting presence of the parent unit, the Weapon Team will flee the battlefield.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Armour-Piercing Missiles: The damage of armour-piercing weapons mostly ignores the armour of the target, making them the ideal choice against heavily-armoured enemies. They are often heavier and attack at a slower rate though, making them less efficient against poorly-armoured targets.
- ↑ Vanguard Deployment: This unit can deploy in an expanded deployment area, allowing it to start the battle within striking distance of the enemy - or somewhere unexpected.
- Can Attack Walls: This unit is able to attack and destroy walls in melee.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Seismic Snare: stops enemies within a radius around the unit from moving
- Warp-Quake: deals direct damage to enemies in a radius
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Warp Grinders are best used as a utility unit that can stop enemies from moving and deal damage to blobs of units. They are not strong fighters on their own and will not win many melee engagements. Notably, there is no restriction on when they can use their ability, so if 1 Warp Grinder is still alive and uses the ability it can still function. This makes them useful even when they are heavily damaged, so long as you can prevent their Leadership from breaking.